Friday, November 18, 2016

Make new friends, but...

Annie, Ida, and Cynthia - Renaissance Faire 
...keep the old - one is silver and the other gold...

How many of you knew Annie could milk a goat? Hmmm... Yep, she could. And very well, thank you! I know this because Annie had helped me with a bit of "goat sitting" now and then. There was this one time...

I was in a hurry - always a recipe for disaster with me. I put oil and three pop corn kernels in a pan on the stove, then went outside to load stuff into my truck, came back into the house and smelled "it"... I turned off the stove and set the pan aside. Then, for some reason, intelligence departed and I lifted the lid on the pan.

Boom!

I dropped the pan which landed directly on the "puppy papers". Stomping on the smoldering "puppy papers", I looked at my arm to see why it hurt... Oops - my sweatshirt had melted onto my arm. I whipped off the sweatshirt (ouch!), and beat the "puppy papers" until they stopped smoldering. Tossing the melted sweatshirt in the sink, I let the cool water run over my my burned arm. I also actually kind of took inventory to see if "I could take care of this myself..." Intelligence had not quite returned yet. Yikes! I still had two horses to feed and a goat to milk... What was I going to do? Call Annie!

I left her a message, and then called Ida and told her what had happened. She said she would get a hold of Annie, and told me to head to the hospital - she and Annie would take care of everything. In the truck, with the engine running, was when I realized that the water was still pouring out of the faucet in the kitchen sink... Please laugh with me over all of this chaos! I dashed back into the house and beheld a flooded kitchen... But, because I knew my friends would love and forgive me, I left it all... All.Of.It! And I drove myself to the hospital...

Page Two... Both Annie and Ida came to my home and took care of all my animals, cleaned up the wreck in my kitchen, and then...then! they headed to the hospital to make sure I was okay.

Nine days ago, Ida called me to say that her beloved sister, Annie, had died suddenly. What? What... I lost all my words... But I know one thing for sure. If Annie were here, she would be quick to wrap her arms around us - each and everyone one of us - and love us. Oh, how I long for one of those hugs right now...

But life goes on... a friend's husband has a hard diagnosis... another faces tremendous challenges with an adopted child... another struggles with life - just day to day life... And in the bumps and bruises of this day to day life, I will remember Annie - her smile, love, forgiveness, and her tremendous hugs. And I will pass them on...and on...and on!

Rest in peace, dear friend! Thank you for being you!

Blessings,
Kathy

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails