Sunday, February 1, 2015

Funtry Sunday?

There is just something about the rain...

All the years of living in a desert have given me an appreciation for the rainy days. When others are depressed because there are clouds, I will be found by a window lost in the beauty of their wispy trails and mountains of blue and grey reaching high above the desert hills. Rain mesmerizes me like the ocean does other people.

Rain!


It is a call to race around outside, puddle jump, and get happily soaked!

Of course, there is a bit of a "sog factor" that comes with the rain. Soggy horse, soggy me, soggy... well soggy everything!


And close on the heels of the sogginess is the mud...


Lots of mud. Everywhere...


You will note that I did not post any pictures of the mud in the chicken coop... Let your imagination go and you still will probably not come quite close to the soupy concoction in there.

You are welcome.

Rain isn't the only thing we have had lately - we have also had fog!


There really are hills out there! Fog is so rare here that it takes me quite a while to register exactly what it is that I am seeing.

Today? No rain. Today we have glorious blue skies and sunshine!

And mud...

Blessings,
Kathy

The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
Psalm 121:8

14 comments:

  1. One of lifes simple things. But a nice reminder that we can find joy in the everyday things if we just stop and look,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing as it rains throughout the entire year over here we have a pretty soggy garden...oh, and we get fog a lot too :)
    Hope you're all settling in a the new place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Not sure what I would do if I lived where it rained all the time! haha - I might not be able to accomplish a lot because of all the time I spent enjoying the rain!
      Thanks! It is a lot of fun to be here!

      Delete
  3. Rain here today so I went out to check...moss and ferns and lichens - no mud! Buds on the trees and some hyacinth sprouts :D
    Love fog and the mystery of what's out there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - we have toadstools and peas in the pod today! ;-)
      Fog is fascinating! We had ground fog up north - interesting to see blue sky above the fog and the mountains covered in fog.

      Delete
  4. I love the smell of rain -- but the mud, not so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I am with you there! Especially when it is sticky gooey mud! lol

      Delete
  5. Love seeing the kiddos playing in the rain :)
    Yup, that mud always sticks around longer than we would like...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Edi!
      Lots of clay around here - makes for very creative mud! lol

      Delete
  6. Love the rain, maybe not the mud, but love rainy days! Also love the scripture verse you shared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! What I read just jumped out at me! Love the way the Lord does that for us!
      Well... I don't mind looking at mud, but navigating through it... lol - totally different matter!

      Delete
  7. so atmospheric!
    I remember once when my daughter was young, going outside and dancing in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rain is so welcome in the desert that it is always a cause for celebration!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails