Monday, January 12, 2015

Monday

Remember this little painting? Welcome back to the continuing saga of "what color will I glaze with next"???

And, the answer is.... warming up with a bit of quinacridone rust!



But, it wasn't quite right either, because now the background was too... too... "solid".  soooo....


I lifted some of the background color. Ummmm.... Looks like puffy clouds or fuzzy something...

Speaking of puffy clouds - we had some. And some rain, too. When it rained, the garden woke up! Last week it was freezing (literally) and this week it is blooming.


Love these iris! They smell as lovely as they look. This will show up in a painting, soon!

But, for now, something needs to be done to those weird clouds in my little painting. At this point, what do I have to loose? On with the cadmium yellow!


Hmmm... not nearly enough color... more!


Getting closer! Things are warming up a bit! Or maybe it was the radish break...


Did you know that if you let icicle radishes go to seed in your garden, the squash bugs will leave your zucchini alone? We have no squash bugs! Well... okay. We have no zucchini either because it froze. Completely. I can say that we have a lot of icicle radishes... and they are HOT! Maybe that's why it is warming up around here. *cough* Pass me a glass of water, please!!!

And a paint brush - I'm splashing a little quinacridone gold on there and reaching for a pen to sign this little painting!


Ahhhh! Now off to admire the Christmas tree once more. Yes, I know it is the January 12th. Haven't you ever heard of the 12 Days of January???



Happy Monday!

Blessings,
Kathy

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature:
old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
2 Corinthians 5:17

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful flower painting. I've never heard of icicle radishes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like them - lol - unless they are really hot! You can cook them like turnips, too.

      Delete
  2. I love how your little painting turned out. I didn't take my wreath down until today, either, Kathy! I hate to let go of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! haha - Our Christmas is still up!

      Delete
  3. What a sweet painting, Kathy!
    And thank you about the advice to keep squash bugs away. Must try that next time we plant zucchini :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I have been growing radishes with my squash for years and it seems to work for me. Yay!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous Kathy, lucky you fresh radishes in January,,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marlene! After our freezes, I was surprised - and delighted - to see goodies in our garden.

      Delete
  5. Wow, look at that painting change! Looks great! So I've never seen icicle radishes but hot sounds good :) the iris is beautiful and so early - can't wait to see it in a painting. Um, my tree is still up - it will get taken down today...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun, Lee! The radishes are really good, but best picked early like most radishes. haha - Our Christmas tree is still up and will be enjoyed until we have time to take it down. ;-)

      Delete
  6. Wow, so cool to see all the changes your painting has gone through! Beautiful finish to it!
    Nice to still enjoy your Christmas tree. I usually have mine up way longer, this year I took it down Jan 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! It was fun to experiment a little on this painting.
      Sometimes DD and I have left our trees up a lot longer - lol - not always on purpose!

      Delete
  7. Lovely painting Kathy! I'm so glad you found time to finish it! I hope to see your new creations this year in shop. Wishing you many blessings and many happy memories for 2015!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lana! I hope to do a lot more painting this year! All the best to you in 2015, too!

      Delete
  8. Love the finished painting--it is finished right? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails