Sunday, January 18, 2015

January what?

Seriously. The calendar says it is January 18, 2015. Am I the only person who has "WHAT????" ricocheting in the grey matter between the ears?

Now that I am a little bit more settled, I have been catching up with some of my online world. Among the places I have visited is my Etsy Blogging Business Artisans group where inspiring monthly challenges are posted - just in case we need a nudge to create or write something.


*cough* Wake up call!
Welcome to January's challenge:

January - Goals or hopes for the New Year
What do you hope to accomplish this year? What are you looking forward to doing in 2015? Do you have plans to travel some place exciting, move to a new home/city or how about get a kitten? Will you be taking your shop in new directions? Let us know or give us a hint of your year to come!


Can I possibly get a little "class credit" for some stuff I did last year??? Bwahahahaha!

Travel plans? I racked up a lot of miles traveling from my previous home to my current home.... That should count for something!
Move to a new home/city? Done! I can smartly check that off the list and I have the boxes to prove it.
Get a kitten? Well - no, I didn't get a kitten, but I did move two cats (and the rest of the zoo) and I have a friend who got two new kittens... Okay, maybe only partial credit for that one.
Will you be taking your shop in new directions? Yes. Open would be good... My little Etsy shop has been on vacation since I began the slow moving move. Some of my art supplies have surfaced, though, and I have done a little, tiny bit of painting. *whew* Finally!
Let us know or give us a hint of your year to come! Unpacking boxes? Seems like someone did say that I really should write what was in the boxes somewhere on the outside of the box...

Okay, really - at the top of my list for 2015 is this:

One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple.
Psalm 27:4

Sharing the beauty of God and His creation has always been my goal - and it remains my goal for this year, too.

What will all the rest of 2015 hold? I will have to wait and see what the Lord unfolds before me. Just like one flower petal opening at a time, some things can't be rushed - nor should they be rushed!

Blessings,
Kathy

PS - Thanks to Sharla at Beaded Tail for the "nudge" to share my thoughts for 2015!

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post. I love morning glories! There is something about them that is so happy yet strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do get credit for all you did last year! Can't wait to see what you create in 2015 though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Sharla! haha! I have a few ideas - we'll see where the Lord leads!

      Delete
  3. So glad you are painting and blogging again!

    Just when I think I am totally in control, God usually reminds me -- sometimes gently, and sometimes quite abruptly -- that is NOT the case!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had quite a busy year with the move in 2014. I hope things start to calm down and 2015 is a more relaxed and fun year for you :)
    PS...Is that a recent photo? Oh how I miss the flowers this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Edi!
      The morning glories are from last year. The iris I posted this week is still blooming in the garden!

      Delete
  5. Kathy--Love your sense of humor!! Yes, sharing God's beauty and pursuing Him is a great goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! I think that humor is a gift from God. It sure does help to have a humorous outlook sometimes!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails