Friday, January 9, 2015

Funtry Friday splashes!

Oh. You thought it was rain? Ummm.... No. It was cloudy this morning, though. No rain... and I'm sure you don't want to know how warm it was either - especially if you are digging your way out of a multitude of snowdrifts!

Back to splashes - this Funtry Friday I revisited my little painting of the cone flower. I told you that it would change a lot... haha - are you ready?

Today I had fun with some watercolor glazes. First I decided to tone down the background a little bit.


Then, after it dried, I decided that the background still wasn't right - maybe warm it up a bit? Oh, and fix that one lopped off petal! Argh!


The, the dogs were all excited over something... quite possibly the fact that I stood up with a camera in my hand. Why did I think they would pose for a group photo???

Well... maybe this is their idea of a group photo!


Back to painting! At this point, I decided that I hate the background. Bwahahaha! *cough* Welcome to the "ugly stage" of creating - that place where any color might be possible and the name of the game is "wonder what will happen if...."

Well, here is "if" number one...


Whoopsie! By far not enough of a change to make me even think about liking this little painting. Hmmm.... dumpster or dynamite?


So much for my idea to practice "negative painting"! But, saying goodbye to the background shapes did make me happy.


If you think that was all the dynamite color applied to this little painting, guess again - and stay tuned! As a hint - there were quite a few more changes to this little painting!

Hope you had some splashes of fun in your corner of the country! Happy Funtry Friday!

Blessings,
Kathy

But let all who take refuge in You be glad, 
Let them ever sing for joy
And may You shelter them, 
That those who love Your name may exult in You.
Psalm 5:11

17 comments:

  1. I love the last pic of your flower! It came around to beautiful :D A nice "group" of dogs - so they aren't little hams posing for the camera. They must prefer candid shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. But will wait with baited breath on the outcome! I love funtry fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun to see your work in progress. And how cute that the dogs wanted their pictures taken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your art work and the cute doggy photo too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out beautiful lol... thought it was beautiful at the start also though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you've gotten back to painting! That's the great thing about watercolor...add as many layers as you like until it's perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Absolutely totally true - and that is one thing I love about watercolor!

      Delete
  7. I like the way it ended up.... and looking forward to seeing what other changes you'll make! Dynamite Blvd has got to be a cool street to drive down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This has been a fun painting! ROFLOL - haha - it is a bit bumpy!

      Delete
  8. The background makes a big difference! (going thru old posts, no better see how you finished it!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails