Friday, June 6, 2014

Lights, Siren, Action! Funtry??? Friday

Have you ever been sitting quietly at your computer looking a flower photos and planning a fun little blog post, and then... you hear it. A siren. A siren? A SIREN!!!!

Dashing out my front door (yes, I ran over Donner and Bitzen in my mad rush), I was greeted with this sight. Yikes! This is not what any of us want to see any day.


Fortunately, this second truck (with no siren) was soon racing up the hill.


Repeated trips to peek out my front door have shown quiet blue sky with gentle birdsong as accompaniment. *whew*

Years of city living taught me to put the sounds of sirens and helicopters on low cerebral, but recent years of country living have taught me to launch and investigate what's up whenever I hear either of those sounds. And launch rapidly!

Now that my heart rate has slowed down a bit, how about a trip through what's more "normal" out here with our country fun! Not that everything is always quiet around here... Someone keeps turning on Bird TV at about 4:30 in the morning. Lova likes to announce it to everyone, too. Loudly. And often. I think she wants company watching the fun. Upon investigation, I discovered this...


Aha! With the cooler nights, I have been leaving the bathroom window open and guess what's up out there. Literally! Up on top of a vent pipe is a little swallow nest. Well, at least they let me sleep until the early morning sun just begins to wake up the sky. Then *poof* on goes Bird TV!

The sun has risen and set on all of my iris. I love them and they never seem to bloom long enough to suit me. Here are the last two of my Dad's iris blooms.


I have painted these several times over the years - and every time I see them, I think about painting them again.

Well, the sun has almost set on another day of getting ready to move. *whew* Moving a house, family heirlooms, and an art business is a bit more time consuming than the first time I packed up and moved to the college dorm. haha I have come up with some fun ways to use things, though. Ever had to move a bunch of brushes that you didn't want mangled? Try this!


I filled the bottom of an antique canister with Styrofoam and stuck my brush handles in there.


Popped the lid on that baby, and my brushes are all ready to travel safely. I can either tote this can with me as is, or pack it in another box with some other supplies.

Some of you may be wondering how my Hershey boy is doing. He is hanging in there, but his hips are still "out of whack".  It's kind of similar to what happened to him about a year and a half ago, but not quite as bad. Just a lot of waiting to see if he will heal up with some rest. Thanks for all the prayers!


Well, it's getting on to that sunset time of day. Hope you all have a great Funtry Friday!



Blessings,
Kathy

20 comments:

  1. Wow hope everything is ok!

    Beautiful Iris and sunset. Sorry the birds are waking you early lol

    Hope Hershey will be ok!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pam! I think everything is okay, though I didn't drive up there to see what happened.
      haha - Guess I will just go to bed earlier!
      Me, too - he seems a bit better!

      Delete
  2. Thank goodness the fire was contained quickly! The iris blooms are beautiful. And the sunset is breathtakingly awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I was glad to see how fast they got it out.
      Thank you!

      Delete
  3. poor little Hershey, hope he's ok...how lucky you are to have the birdies outside your window, even if they are squawking, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he is slowly getting better! *whew*
      It's fun to have the birds there - and Lova is really enjoying the Bird TV!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous sunset! Prayers for Hershey and sorry the birds are noisy so early in the AM. Your brush packing is perfect! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I appreciate the prayers!
      haha - the birds are noisy, but they are fun, too.
      I came on that packing idea because I was trying to find a use for the canister. It's one of the few things I have that's tall enough for the longer brushes. Win/win!

      Delete
  5. Nothing like a fire to get the adrenalin flowing. I'm glad all ended well. Hang in there, Hershey. Great idea for the brushes. Once again, thanks for sharing little pieces of your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I'm much happier with less adrenalin! I'm glad all was taken care of rapidly!
      He's feeling a bit perkier - but I'm not letting him run around like crazy. lol
      Thank you - it's fun to share!

      Delete
  6. Whew, glad the fire was taken care of quickly. Love those iris, one of my favorite flowers, my mom used to call them flags. Gorgeous sunset as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! So dry out here....
      Iris are one of my favorite flowers, too. I have heard them called flags, too.
      Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Glad Hersey is a little better . . .praying. Love the sunset picture and the comments about "Bird TV" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayers!
      Had to laugh about the Bird TV - I'm sure Isabella and Angel would approve! LOL

      Delete
  8. Wow, now that is a sunset! I missed something, where are you moving to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Love the skies here!
      Moving to Surprise =)

      Delete
  9. whoa. scary fire!
    How kind of the birds to inform you that it is indeed morning.
    I'm glad Hershey is doing OK.
    beautiful sunset!
    clever way to pack up brushes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I need that morning reminder! LOL
      Thank you!

      Delete
  10. Oooo, Birdie TV! Good job finding the channel Lova! Glad Hershey is better! Sending purrs that he keeps feeling better! Glad the fire is out. The sunset is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      The dogs alternate between Birdie TV and Horsie TV. haha Forrest hogs the remote and keeps theirs on Birdie TV!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails