Friday, April 18, 2014

Up, down, all around - Funtry Friday!

Yes. Out here it is important to look up (like in the trees) as well as look down (where the feet go) and look all around (where the feet might go). No, I am not planning on climbing trees - at least not the little ones I have - but, apparently, some others do consider them to be "climbing material".


It may be that this little bull snake really didn't want to be up in the tree, though. Sometimes life events just happen to create a cascade of exciting outcomes.


First, you start with watering the tree, then you add the neighbor's cat who appears to be chasing a bird in the tree...

Funny looking bird.

Then you add the wind...



Stir well, and you probably have a little bull snake who wishes there was a "do-over" in snake-dom.

It was pretty amazing to watch how well the snake managed the wind while winding around the branches.

And, no - I haven't seen this little three foot wonder since last watering day, but I am keeping a close watch out for any slithering!

Happy Funtry Friday!
Blessings,
Kathy

12 comments:

  1. Great picture but even knowing that it is not dangerous it still gives me the heebee jeebees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure surprised me to see a snake up a tree! I haven't seen that before out here.

      Delete
  2. It wouldn't surprise me if I were the one to walk underneath the branches, the snake lose it's grip, and land on my shoulders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - I will walk behind you and scream for help if that happens. LOL

      Delete
  3. Thanks, Kathy... now I have to look up as I'm walking along... LOL! Snakes should stay on the ground like they're supposed to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - You are welcome! ;-) As someone pointed out to me - maybe the view was better up there?! LOL

      Delete
  4. I got goosebumps just looking at your photos. You are braver than I am. I don't do snakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so sure it is bravery... I just needed to make sure what kind of snake it was! Once I was sure it was a bull snake, it was a little bit more fun to take the photos, though. ;-)

      Delete
  5. That snake is impressive--really hanging on!
    But eek!
    He/she blends in pretty well with the tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite the surprise! I have never seen that here before.

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails