Sunday, March 9, 2014

Woodpecker?

I like to make plans. Do you? 

Well, I like to make plans that work... Some days, however, I specialize in making impossible plans. 


Other days I specialize in making partial plans - you know, the ones where you start with half an idea and then "wing it". And then there are those days when I have a perfectly good plan in mind and it looks ridiculous to everyone else - so I give up and quit.

The best plans I have made, though, are the ones where I have let the Lord lead the way.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, 
plans for welfare and not for calamity
to give you a future and a hope.
Jeremiah 29:11 

After all, He does know a lot more than I do! ;-) I would have never thought up a bird as interesting as a Woodpecker!

Wandering off to see what plans the Lord has in mind for me today!
Kathy

16 comments:

  1. Wow, what a cool woodpecker, he is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really pretty! Glad you enjoyed him.

      Delete
  2. Ah, plans! The starting point that begins the adventure...where ever it goes :)
    Great woody shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lee! LOL - oh, those adventures! lol

      Delete
  3. Gods plans . . .yes . . . that's the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes - God's plan is the only way that really works. How many times do we try Plan B, our way, only to have to start all over! LOL!! Great woodpecker photo - my pup watches them as they circle the big palm tree behind us - she finds them fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or work our way through the whole alphabet! Oy!
      Thanks - I have only seen a few out here and was really glad to get a photo of this little guy!

      Delete
  5. An amazing bird. God clearly has a sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That woodpecker is huge! My parents have large ones like that in MO.
    I'm a planner through and through...but I have to remember that I'm not always in control!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What fun!
      God's plans definitely work better - when I ignore Him, the plans don't turn out well!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you, Pam! It was fun to see the woodpecker!

      Delete
  8. Plans are great, and I sometimes get in the Lord's way, it is true. But His plans are best, you said it well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think we all get in the Lord's way sometimes - it's just such a human thing to do! Such a blessing that He responds with Grace!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails