Friday, February 7, 2014

Sunrise... Sunset - Funtry Friday!

Is that song stuck in your brain now?

Well, here is your sunrise - complete with fog bank!


No ocean around here, but this week we did have fog in the morning. It didn't stay around long after sunup, but it sure made for a pretty sunrise.

The emus weren't that interested in the fog bank - breakfast was much more important.


I can hear them "thrumming" in excited anticipation of their morning munchies!

Benny Bunny likes to munch all day long.


One of his favorite snacks is dry Cottonwood leaves. He goes just about as wild for these as he does for a carrot!

This week I am wild about my new garage door. It goes up and down and up and down and up and...


...down repeatedly. Ahhhh.... much better than the one that stayed down or folded in half.

Also neat - I was able to use the insulation from the old door, but let me tell you - that stuff was not easy to get out.


Well. For me. But, by the time I came out to check on the status of the door, the guy installing it had the panels in the new door and the door almost all together. My goodness. Wore me out to watch that much work!

It was much easier to watch the sunset.



Pretty amazingly spectacular!

So there you go -  a Funtry Friday sunrise and sunset!

Blessings,
Kathy

12 comments:

  1. Fun to spend the whole day with you ;-) can't decide which is prettier, sunrise or sunset? Both!
    Love the rays of light beaming down through the clouds. Here there is still snow and more snow. Only foot traffic through here, kids with sleds and saucers, dog walking and a couple kids with one shovel half heartedly looking for work :-)
    Your garage door is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I am really enjoying all our gorgeous skies. They have been pretty spectacular! Brrrr! No snow here, but we did have a little rain. Thanks! I am so happy to have a working garage door! lol

      Delete
  2. Wow, now that's a garage door......congratulations. Hi Benny! What a blessed sunset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. =) Thank you! Benny sends nose twitches back to you. The sunsets are such a nice way to end the day.

      Delete
  3. Love your sunrise and sunset, especially the rays coming down through the clouds. Lovely new door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I was in the right place at the right moment! It was a glorious sun set. Thanks! And it works, too! ;-)

      Delete
  4. That sunset is glorious -- I love it when the sun's ray shine down through the clouds like that. Glad your new garage door works well and will save you some headaches! Have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love it, too - just stunning to see the sunsets like that! Yes, the new door is wonderful! Hope you have a great weekend, too!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you! I really stopped me right in my tracks. lol One reason that I usually have my camera with me. ;-)

      Delete
  6. Your sunsets / sunrises are always beautiful! Glad you have your new garage door installed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The beautiful skies are one reason I like to keep my camera with me!
      Me, too! Thank you!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails