Sunday, February 23, 2014

No longer weary!

I'm tired.

No, wait - I am a resting introvert.

No... hmmm. I am a first born.

Type A.

Lion.

Second in Command.

C3PO.

Red.

Sunrise.

No... I'm tired. Tired of labels. Tired of personality tests guaranteed to solve all your problems. Tired of pigeon holes, boxes, shelves, and whatever. I'm tired of brand new revelations, ten new ways, five top solutions, three best evers, and one absolutely new-you-have-never-heard-this-before statements.

I'm tired of having my corners knocked off so that I can fit someone's nothing-new-under-the-sun mold of what they think of me.

I am sticking with the Tried and True.
 
Yet those who wait for the Lord
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary.
Isaiah 40:31

I'm sticking with the Lord Jesus.

Off to read my Bible and learn more about who I really am and who He really is.
Blessings,
Kathy


16 comments:

  1. As artists...we often fit no mold. We are unique and special :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are unique, but often times you feel like you need to fit what is marketable when you sell online, at festivals, or a brick and mortar store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - and sometimes our desire to be unique lets us shine brighter in those market places!

      Delete
  3. Sweetie - you have NEVER fit into a mold - and I am SO glad, because I never have either! We are true children of the King and are fearfully and wonderfully made!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFLOL! Amen - so glad we are *uniquely* made!

      Delete
  4. Another beautiful photo! Your faith is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Labels are often wrong so I wish people would quit using them. We all are just who we are and we're not in a labeled box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - boxes are for kitties, not people. ;-)

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful post! I'm tired too, and I'll join you in sticking with our Lord, Jesus!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like all those facebook "tests". They are such a waste of time. You are right! find out from our Creator who we are! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails