Friday, February 21, 2014

Funtry Friday visiting!

My neighbor's Red Heeler thinks I am hers, so if she is out and about in the morning she will join me while I do my chores. Of course visiting me also involves throwing a stick since that is Bailey's favorite game.

Sometimes her definition of a stick is not quite the same as mine...


Okay, while Bailey gnaws her tree in half, let's go visit the chickens. Or at least one chicken.


Remember the amazing Mrs. Chicken? Christmas is still pretty amazing. She hasn't laid an egg since last fall and she is slowing down a bit, but at 17 years old (as near as I can figure) I don't care if she lays any eggs! And yes - that is really old for a chicken. Aren't you glad we stopped to visit her today?

Hershey likes to visit, too. Sometimes with me, sometimes Billie Jane, and sometimes he ambles all the way to the back fence and visits with Dakota.



Horses are very social creatures - it's that whole herd thing, you know. They like to gather and groom each other and just hang out together.


Billie Jane isn't usually interested in the afternoon visiting, because she would rather finish up whatever Hershey has left in his feeder.

And then later, while visiting with me, she will pose with Hershey. Oh. Wait a minute - what happened here?


Go figure. Hershey is all fuzzy because he moved and Billie Jane is sticking out her tongue. Usually it's the other way around!

Well, let's move right along and go visit one of the sunsets we had recently. Nothing fuzzy about this!



Ooohhh lala! Love it when the sky glows top to bottom! Sure makes the end of the day pretty.

Hope you had a lovely Funtry Friday and got to visit with a few of your friends, too!

Blessings,
Kathy

20 comments:

  1. Bailey is just like my 2 blues. A stick is a stick to them I guess!! That sunset is truly one of God's gifts. Thank you for sharing with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - definitely a breed that needs a job! Thank you! I enjoy sharing the country fun!

      Delete
  2. I see Bailey's owners have successfully taught her to remove sticks from her yard & dump them in yours...hahaha! I always love to visit with you, the animals, and your beautiful sunsets. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - well, it was left over from some dry weeds I trimmed. Actually, I have seen Baily try to take them through the fence holes, though. Rather hysterical! Thank you - I love the share the fun!

      Delete
  3. Bailey is too funny you can see the pride in her face over that stick. Love the chicken, and horses and that sunset is just absolutely gorgeous,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha - Bailey was dancing around and barking, too. lol Thanks - glad you enjoyed the country fun!

      Delete
  4. Might be an interesting toss with that stick ;-) Horsebook? nice that they have a social network that's more "face to face" . Wow! great great great grandma chicken - so is that like 120 years old? She looks very wise. Love your sunset, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - didn't take Bailey long to break it in half - much more manageable!
      Love it! I think the hooves will be all over Horsebook!
      haha - I have no idea - chickens can usually live around 8 to 10 years, but often they will stop laying around 4 - 6 years.
      Thanks - glad you enjoyed the country fun!

      Delete
  5. Love hearing about your critters -- and the sunset is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the country fun!

      Delete
  6. Bailey reminds me of my two four-footed chipper-shredders! I can't trim trees without dog help. Wow - a 17 year old chicken?! Wow! You are a good Mama!! Gorgeous sunset! We are going to be up around Prescott area in a couple of weeks checking the area out and helping my cousin clear some of their property. Hopefully I will be able to capture a sunset sans rooftops while there! LOL!! Today we were supposed to be helping build an arena for my cousin's granddaughter, but we got a late start due to chores that had to be done and opted not to go. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bailey can be very helpful when trimming - depending on how you define helpful! lol
      Yeah - pretty crazy geriatric farm around here!
      Hope you get your sunset photo! LOL
      Late starts just happen - had one of those myself, too. lol

      Delete
  7. Bailey is so cute! It's funny she brings you sticks! Love how Hershey goes visiting too! It's so fun in the country!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bailey LOVES her sticks! lol
      Thanks - Hershey and Dakota keep me chuckling for sure!
      It is fun out here! Glad you dropped by =)

      Delete
  8. That is some chicken--looks a little long of tooth--do chicken's have the menopause? Poor old girl--no more eggs, just like the rest of us. Loved it! The sunset sky is a wonder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is showing her age a bit! Sometimes they quite laying eggs - and sometimes, like Christmas - they just lay them at certain times of the year.
      Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the sunset!

      Delete
  9. Bailey carried that tree over?! Wow!
    I saw some pretty funny chickens yesterday, including some adolescent-seeming ones that could probably use a few words of wisdom from a more experienced hen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - Bailey will find tree limbs and drag them around, too. lol
      haha Love that gangly teenage chicken stage! LOL

      Delete
  10. Beautiful sunset! And I love your animal stories. What a fun bunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love to share the beauty and fun of being out here!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails