Friday, January 10, 2014

Oh my, oh my, oh my! Putting the FUN in FUNtry Friday!

Remember that old saying: "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"?

Today is a lemonade day! Hey - what better day than Funtry Friday to make lemonade - right?

Usually I post sunset pictures, but why not start the day off with a glorious sunrise! So, here you go!

 
 
I snapped a very fast photo of this hawk - very fast! I took a second photo and I got lots of tree and sky and no hawk.


Every time I go outside, Benny thinks it's feeding time at the zoo. How could you resist this? (If you can resist this, don't tell me how - I don't want to know! LOL)


 
So I buy the large bag of carrots from Costco... Lots of critters here enjoy them! 
 


Now, explain to me some of reasoning behind weird dog behavior... Or maybe I don't want to know that either!  For instance, why did I come home to find both of my dogs eating the Hollyhock roots?

And how did they know the exact day I would be in a rush to leave in the morning. They picked that very morning to dig a hole under the fence which was almost large enough for an escape. Filling it in would have done no good. I was out of bricks. No rocks big enough.

Okay - bring out the "big guns".


No self respecting country gal is ever with out a few chunks of wood and some old tires. Voila! Cookie seemed to think this was just as interesting as trying to get out of their yard.

And here's one more little photo. This is a drawing I did of the house where my brother-in-law grew up. He had an old photo and I swiped a digital copy of it. Sneaky me!


It was fun to draw this and give it to him at Christmas. He thinks the little boy out front is him, but it is hard to tell from the photo. He was really excited because he remembers this home very well.

Well, that's the lemonade that I will enjoy today while try to get over this nasty cough/whatever. And while I try to figure out Gimp, since my limping old Photoshop program no longer wants to work right. You may have noticed a slight lack of photo editing in today's pictures... ahem. Sorry! I know I will find something out there that will work - and when I do, I will have another glass of lemonade!

Happy Funtry Friday!

Blessings,
Kathy

16 comments:

  1. Love the picture of the old house and it was a very thoughtful gift for your BIL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a sunrise!! Love seeing Benny being himself. I'll refrain from commenting on the bad pup pups. Thanks, again, for sharing another Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! All the critters do make for some fun, for sure - mostly unpredictable! lol

      Delete
  3. I love the old house! Maybe you should consider painting old houses and barns for your shop! Gorgeous sunrise! Glad you got a pic of Mr. Hawk before he flew off, nobody could resist Benny and where would we be without a few doggie pranks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I never thought about that - it could be fun to paint some of the old buildings around here. The animal surprises around here do make for lots of fun!

      Delete
  4. Benny is so adorable! I wouldn't be able to resist him, either...and your drawing is marvelous...sigh... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww - thank you!
      And Benny is even more adorable in person. ;-)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful sunset. Sweet Benny! And glad you stopped the dogs from escaping lol
    What a beautiful sketch, I can see why he loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Love to share the gorgeous skies and animal antics! Thank you - it was fun to draw his old home place!

      Delete
  6. You have the prettiest skyscapes in your neck of the woods. Ingenious solution to the tunneling under the fence problem. Love your gift to your BIL - very special! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! God paints a great sky out here for sure!
      haha - Got to use what I have on hand! lol
      Thank you!
      Thank you, today was a bit better. Yay

      Delete
  7. Aww! Nope, couldn't resist that! And a beautiful sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Benny is so CUTE! As for dog adventures, come borrow my happy little Rosie for a while - she will wear your babies out and then all they will want to do is put up barriers so Rosie can't get in! I never knew dogs liked Hollyhock roots - interesting - I had better go check mine! I hope you get over the cough thing soon - sending healing prayers your way! P.S. Traditional Medicinals Throat Coat tea is very soothing and really does help! Put a spoonful of honey and one of Bragg's vinegar in it and you'll be all better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weirdness - one of my horses will eat the Hollyhocks, too - though he prefers the leaves. Thanks for the prayers! I'm on the Bragg's and honey already. =)

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails