Friday, January 31, 2014

Funtry Friday Country Cold

Actually, I can not complain about the cold. Nope. It is a LOT colder in a LOT of other places. ***And!*** I am totally grateful that I am not whacking six inches of ice like I did a few years ago!

This week it was warm enough for great Bird TV. Our huge flock of black birds are back and there were guineas singing "good morning" on the porch!


This guinea is a pretty cool color combo. One year they hatched out some keets and this singer is a blend of Pearl and White guineas. Love the mottled color.

Forrest decided that I had paid entirely too much attention to the guineas, and I wasn't going anywhere until I paid total attention to the Chief Cat.


Ya know - sitting on feet is a pretty good way to stop a human. I guess there was a commercial on Bird TV, or something.

Or maybe a weather report.


Look at all those little hairs, ladies and gentlemen! I am here to say that Billie Jane is shedding and that means that spring is on the way. Of course, she does shed first... and, well, it could take a while for everyone else to catch up...

But, look at that grin on Hershey's face...


I think he knows something. Maybe we will get a little bit of warmer weather - at least for a while.

Now that the sun is setting on another fun in the country Friday, I'm going to enjoy the sunset - and then head inside to warm up!


Happy Funtry Friday!
Blessings,
Kathy

18 comments:

  1. Looks like lots of critter capers at your place :-) the guinea is a little character putting heart and soul into singing. Can't ignore that kitty! I thought it was a smirk on Hershey's face...all knowing horse of course! Beautiful sunset, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There are lots of critter capers around here - puts the fun in Funtry Friday!

      Delete
  2. Hope you get your spring early. lol
    What a fun bunch of animals, pretty kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing another wonderful Funtry Friday. So the hair will be flying soon...cough,cough. I'm keeping an eye on the deer since they're looking like shetland ponies this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - amazing how they get prepared for the weather - cold or warm.

      Delete
  4. Kathy.....thank you so much for sharing a piece of your world with us today. I love the animals, but that sunset is the greatest of gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I love the share the beauty around here. =) Especially the critters and sky-scapes!

      Delete
  5. The guinea is very striking! And kitties definitely want your full attention.... when THEY want it! Beautiful sunset -- what could be more glorious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh, yes - that they do! Yes, I agree - we do have glorious skies around here.

      Delete
  6. I always enjoy your sunset pictures! All of the animals are so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! haha - Feeding time at the "zoo" always makes them happy!

      Delete
  7. Forrest is such a cutie :) And that guinea does have really cool markings. I hope they're all right about the warmer weather soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is really an awesome color that God painted that guinea with!! It has been chillier lately down here in the Valley too, with the gorgeous sunrises and sunsets - but if I take a pic, there are too many rooftops appearing. Bummer. But soon we will (hopefully) be living, at least part time, up there in your neck of the woods! WOOHOO!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails