Sunday, January 12, 2014

Five simple steps...

My last watercolor class featured a group of very fun exercises to get your creative juices flowing. One of them was to do a painting with only five steps.


Ha, for the record - I think I missed a step, but it's an okay start. It was a very fun exercise - quick and very "free". No masterpiece was required, since this is a sketch to "warm up". Rather like whatever a jogger does before they run - equally important as running, but totally different.

Five fun steps to a complete painting!

Hmmm. Sounds familiar...

10 foods never to eat
15 ways to get your kids attention
5 vacation spots you don't want to miss
12 ways to save your marriage
1 perfect diet
3 ways to get ahead at work
7 rules for a great day

Amazing how riveting the sure cure list can be - for everything from training your pet, to life and death decisions. How fast our eye travels there and how often we go read them. Over and over.

Kind of interesting that at the bottom of most of them is an address where you can send a bunch of money and get your secret to success. Yeah... I'm skipping that one for sure. There's another place that has all the answers - my Owner's Manual. Tried and true - I think I will stick with what God said.

 
All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching,
for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;
so that the man of God may be adequate,
equipped for every good work.
 
2Timothy 3:16-17
 
Blessings,
Kathy

22 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of lists so this technique would be right up my alley. As always, I enjoyed your perspective. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! More and more I think less is better! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see grapes too! Lists get my attention and I like to make lists too. I just have trouble crossing things off. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! My teacher's grapes looked a lot more like grapes, but, for the short time allowed for this fun lesson, I thought they weren't too bad. LOL - DD and I sometimes finish something, put it on the list, and then cross it of. Yep - sometimes you just need a little success!

      Delete
  4. Yummy looking grapes - that painting looks like something that should be on one of those fancy bowels - must be the potter in me that sees that! I have always liked lists and have always kept lists. When I was younger it was so I could experience the satisfacton of crossing something off or putting a check mark in the "done" box! Now I keep lists so.........well, we won't go there - I am sure you know what I mean! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - ahhhh, the lists... That bunch of grapes does look like a candidate for some classic pottery - or a painting of some classic pottery! ;-)

      Delete
  5. So glad you are enjoying your watercolor class! Love your grapes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, I always love your posts! You weave the Word in so creatively, that you always make me smile! Kinda like your grapes, there but not there, if you know what I mean! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww - thank you! There should always be the Breath of God whispering gently, inviting... like sweet grapes on a hot summer day. =)

      Delete
  7. Hi Kathleen, Thanks you for visiting my blog today and spend time for commenting! I wish you many more blessings and many best wishes for Twenty-Fourteen's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  8. I like those free-form grapes!
    Sometimes a bit of loosening up is just what we need.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your painting turned out to be cool! I love lists! I should give this a shot the next time I paint "for real" (as opposed to painting furniture, haha).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was really fun and I want to do it again. Hey - you could paint this on furniture! lol

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. It sure was fun! Looking forward to doing this again.

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails