Sunday, January 5, 2014

Distractions?

Just a minute... I need to go find something.

45 minutes later...

Huh. I was sure I saw it over there. Where was that...?

28 minutes later

Now, what was I doing? Oh. Writing a blog post.

Ummm... Hi there!

Just a minute, okay... I'll be right back.
again...


There. Photo Number One.

I seem to have had a few distractions today. All day. Including this morning at church... Communion Sunday and I was distracted.




Distracted by the reflections.

Directly under the cross there is a reflection of three people. Stripes of blue, pink, tan, red, tan... Three imperfect, bent reflections wrapped over the bumps and creases of the metal surface. You really can't even tell that those reflections are people.

I kept thinking about how imperfect those reflections were. Certainly not like looking in a mirror!

Oh, and how is my reflection? How am I reflecting Christ? Do others see only a bent and twisted scarcely recognizable blurred image of *something*? Am I a distraction? Or do others see and recognize that Jesus is reflected in my words and actions? Oh, I think it is time to polish that reflection!

Blessings,
Kathy

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.
Jude 1: 24 -25

12 comments:

  1. Great reflection! As our Pastor says, we may be the only Bible someone reads! This is our revival week and last night the message was so encouraging! His challenge was for a church full of nobodies, telling everybody about Somebody, who can save anybody! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - I love that, too, Karin! Thank you!
      Praying for all those anybodies!

      Delete
  2. Well said Kathy. And perfect truth that the Lord can get our attention anytime and anyway he wants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Didn't know where that was going but really love that post Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharla! Amazing the twists and turns a day can take - and it goes so much smoother when the One who created us is the Leader!

      Delete
  4. Isn't it marvelous how something like noticing a reflection can lead us to thinking about something so immensely meaningful?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! The Lord uses many ways to get our attention!

      Delete
  5. Great post!! A great theological reflection.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails