Sunday, December 29, 2013

Quietly...

Sometimes the quiet calls loud and clear.

You can hear it best when your heart longs for a place to rest. It will happen at the most inopportune moments, too - those times when you are hip deep in shopping, errands, planning that grand event, or... then. now...

You know this because you have heard the quiet call. You have longed for that rest.



Shhhh. Stop what you are doing. I give you permission - no, I encourage you! Go sit down in that favorite place you have, close your eyes - just for a few minutes. Rest and be still. You know you would tell me to do the same thing - so go do this for yourself.

Enjoy!

Blessings,
Kathy

Come to Me,
all who are weary and heavy-laden,
and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28



10 comments:

  1. I am definitely in a quiet mood today.
    It is important to our well being to be still from time to time. most difficult in this world that calls to us from many angles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! We miss so much when we rush from one task to another. Sometimes we even forget to pause and enjoy seeing a "job well done".

      Delete
  2. At times it is difficult to give ourselves permission to just be still! I recall a period in my life when I always had to be "doing!" Compensating, maybe? Who knows! Thank for permission to hit the Pause button! Now take your own advice - go on - just pause for a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true! You are welcome - and, thanks, I just had a lovely pause by the wood stove *yawn* and it's bringing on a "long winter's nap". haha!

      Delete
  3. I need some quiet time so I'm going to seek it out today. Thanks for the reminder Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Hope you enjoyed your quiet time. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Sometimes having a quiet day is so nice! I agree!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails