Well, I've been working on it a little bit - with some new brushes that I got. Oh, don't you just love new
Remember this painting started as a value study in yellow, then I added a value study in orange, and topped it with a value study in red. Here, I have added more to the red layer in this painting.
Time to get brave and grab the blue!
The wash of blue over the yellow, red, and orange did turn the leaves green. *yay* The darker shadows on the flowers are beginning to take shape, too. Um. A little too much shape. Remember how I was working from a black and white photo for the value study?
Well, I should have switched to working with the color photo somewhere in the middle of the red layer. So, ahem, I changed directions - and grabbed the red paint again and put that on top of the blue.
So now instead of a painting with pure color in successive layers of yellow, orange, red, blue, and green I now have a painting with layers of yellow, orange, red, blue, and red. Some people just color outside the lines. Moving right along...
Then I went to class...
...and had lots more fun coloring outside the lines! After I added the green glaze during class, my teacher, Caroline Linscott, made a few suggestions and *poof* this little painting appeared!
It's going to be fun to see what this ends up looking like!
Hope you are having as much fun with your creative endeavors as I am with mine.