Friday, December 6, 2013

Funtry Friday shivers!

My calendar says that winter begins on December 21st. My calendar has obviously not been outside. It has not looked at the rock to check the wet weather. It has not stood on the porch to test the wind chill. My calendar doesn't know winter from... from... a warm summer day!

This is winter.


There are two layers of ice on this bucket. The top one was probably from last night before Billie Jane finished eating. Then she poked a hole in the ice - being the Colorado horse that she is! - and drank a bunch of water. Then the temperature proceeded to drop enough to freeze an inch of ice on the rest of her water. Brrrr. Looks kind of neat with a double layer of ice and space in between.

And, this is winter.


Okay. Maybe I should make this photo teeny tiny and zoom in on one of the random icy patch (if I can find it). Then my whine would sound better.

But, hey - it was cold out there! And all kinds of things froze - like this spider web.


 The ice was just starting to melt when I went next door to feed the critters. The spider web with the glistening icy drops was what caught my attention at the time, but I have to admit that it's pretty funny that Raven is standing in her "food dish". Silly girl!


Okay. I admit it. I did find some green stuff growing around here. It must be pretty hardy because it has been below freezing for several days in a row now. Does that mean I have to quit whining about how cold it is?

How about a sunset? Maybe that will take my mind off of the cold.



These clouds were absolutely crazy bright and glowing yellow, orange and red. Ummm. Never mind the big blurry UFO in the sky above the clouds. Some hay got trapped inside my lens, and, well... no, the lens doesn't come apart. Yeah, I know. Hay inside my camera... pathetic. It does seem to have shifted around, though. Maybe the UFO flew away.

Perhaps a bigger sunset will make up for the "hay episode".



Huh. There's a big UFO in this one, too. I really don't know what caused the huge shadow across the clouds - but this time it wasn't hay in my camera! The clouds looked like this with or without the camera.

Why don't we just skip the rest of this wintry cold and walk down memory lane where we can think about last summer...


Nothing quite like an early morning guinea serenade to take my mind back to warmer days!

Hope winter is being nice to you out in your neck of the woods.

Happy Funtry Friday!
Blessings,
Kathy

20 comments:

  1. Frozen is frozen! At least you got a beautiful sunset. Stay warm and cozy inside!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me - trips outside were very short today! Brrrr!

      Delete
  2. Love those pink and glowing clouds! The icy stuff I have here too so I'm familiar just not fond of the "cold snap" :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - they were really pretty! LOL - yeah - not so fond of how fast it got so cold!

      Delete
  3. I know you're cold but I'm finding it somewhat refreshing. It's been warm & very humid here and must run the AC. It's foggy until about 10am but at least there is a good breeze all day. You're killing me with the gorgeous sunsets!!! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gadfry! The AC??? Maybe I can send you some of this brrrr on the next breeze! Glad you enjoyed the sunsets. =) Have a great weekend, too!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful sunset! And Raven standing with her foot in her food made me smile. I love animals!
    I'm the same as you in that I can't stand cold temperatures. The ground over here is frozen and the
    weather people say we're in for a loooong winter.
    Take care and stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Oh my - hope it warms up for you. This is pretty normal for here, but it seems like we are going to have a bit more moisture this winter. Time to grab a good book and a warm blanket!

      Delete
  5. I think my calendar is seriously confused too! Lol
    Hope you & the animals stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eek! I'd be so very cold. The weather here never lines up the calendar. It froze several nights this week, but then it was 80 yesterday. Who knows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha - How did you get 80 this time of year!?!? LOL Share!!!

      Delete
  7. Cold is everywhere it seems, stay warm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is! Time to grab a warm cup and cozy blanket!

      Delete
  8. Brrr! Stay warm. Beautiful sunset. We've had "sun dogs" here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Wow - how fun to see "sun dogs"!

      Delete
  9. It's not being nice at all. We have ice and snow on top. Sounds like a double layer too. And it's not breaking the freezing mark for a few days. I'm wishing for the warm winter days again. {:-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brrrr! Hope you get a little break in the cold soon!

      Delete
  10. Even I had to cover my plants for the last several nights and I live in the Valley of the Sun for Pete's sake! BBBBRRRR!!!! You have my permission to whine all you want!!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You do, too - I heard it's supposed to freeze there tonight. Gah!!!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails