Friday, November 8, 2013

Windy Funtry Friday

It's been a fun week around here. Fall has definitely arrived in full force and it looks like winter is trying to take over. We are still having some nice days, but the nights are quite cool now. Ice on the smaller water buckets is fairly common in the morning. Most of our birds have headed south, but some others have paused on their way through.



In addition to the Brewer's Blackbirds, we have several of these little birds this year. Bird TV is very popular around here - and all the four footed furries seem quite happy with the new channels.

Me? I am fascinated by the spider webs. It amazes me that a little tiny spider can manage to spin one long delicate line from one porch post to the other. And at face level every time... *ptewie* Good morning, arachnid.

There are some seriously busy spiders around here. Look at this - above eye level, thank you!

 
The large white streak in the lower right corner is a cloud. All the other white streaks are spider webs blowing in the wind. Yes - blowing in the wind! Check this out - wow, my first ever online video just for you!*



Just in case you aren't quite as mesmerized by spider webs blowing in the wind as I am (or my mad video posting skills), how about a fancy rooster? Love the way the color is just on edge of all the feathers! He was one of the critters at the County Fair.


Well, my day is winding down here. Hope you enjoyed a lovely sunset in your neck of the woods!


Happy Funtry Friday!
Blessings,
Kathy

*Yes - I spent a long time (not saying how long!) figuring out how to post a 23 second video of spider webs blowing in the wind. I'm special that way.

14 comments:

  1. Kathy, you are special. Just don't forget how the video got here. The rooster is beautiful. I've never seen anything like it!! Another of your beautiful sunsets, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I should have made notes!
      He was at the County Fair and I forgot to make a note of what kind he is. Very pretty in person!
      Thank you - glad you enjoyed your visit. =)

      Delete
  2. What fun! I never would have thought of a video of spider webs blowin in the wind! Beautiful rooster and sweet sunset, too! Thanks, Kathy :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a lot of wind around here, and, apparently, a lot of little busy spiders. I have seen this happen several times - it's very shimmery and pretty - lol - I am easily amused! ;-)
      Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful sunset. You'd get a techie award in my book for creating and posting the spider web video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll take it =)
      Now, if I can just remember how I did that... lol

      Delete
  4. So it took HOW long?! The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind................. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFLOL!!!
      Ahem... and it is blowin' south. ;-)

      Delete
  5. Kathy you are so clever--a video--I would never be able to figure that out. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - much random clicking was involved - and a few trips to "parts unknown" in internet land! I finally hit the right combination of random clicks. *roflol* Look for something that says "embed". ;-)

      Delete
  6. The designs on the roosters feathers is so spectacular!
    What a plethora of spider webs! I happen to think they are quite amazing.
    I second that techie award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was a very handsome fellow!
      We have a variety of "good spiders" out here and they all build slightly different webs. Fascinating that they are much stronger than I think they would be!
      Thank you! Now we will see if I can manage to post another. LOL

      Delete
  7. Love the birds Kathy, wow that rooster is beautiful!
    Cool spider webs although I am not a fan of them lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had never seen a rooster like that before - he was really pretty.
      lol - I'm not a fan of walking into spider webs - ick! These were stuck to the fence - and no spiders in sight. lol

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails