Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Well, surprise, surprise! Look what I did!

Ta-da!


It's not quite finished yet, but it's pretty close. This was an exercise that I did in Caroline Linscott's watercolor class last week. I am pretty excited with the way this little apple is shaping up. Of course, Caroline was giving hints, helps, and lots of instruction to us along the way while she painted an apple, too.

Feast your eyes on her apple!


Beautiful! Watching her paint while I was painting was really helpful. We took a break from our sunflowers to practice some things with this little apple painting, but those sunflowers have not been forgotten.

Remember this?


Well, now it looks like this!


Okay, never mind a lot of the green dots and dashes in the middle of the painting - just remember those are the masking fluid that I used to reserve the white paper for highlights. However, if you compare the dark green (flat and yucky) leaves to the (lively and fun) leaves at the bottom of the paper, you can see a BIG (thank you, Caroline!) difference. I am really excited about the way this painting is progressing. It is, of course, still a work in progress - but I am looking forward to seeing where this little painting travels.

Oh, and just in case you were wondering what her sunflower painting looks like... Feast your eyes on this little beauty by Caroline Linscott!

"A Bit of Sun" original watercolor by Caroline Linscott
That would be her sunflower painting - wow! Now that's something that will chase away the fall chill.

Caroline Linscott is a local Prescott, Arizona, artist. You can see her work at the Adonai Christian Fine Art Gallery in Sedona and The Frame and I in Prescott. If you are interested in her classes, you can contact her through her website.

And, yes, I highly recommend that you do... just sayin'!

Off to get my brushes wet...
Blessings,
Kathy

24 comments:

  1. ooo...beautifulness! both yours and hers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! Looks like an excellent class - lots of learning and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She's a great teacher! Yep - on both counts!

      Delete
  3. These are so pretty! I haven't painted in years, but I really enjoyed doing it. I'm glad you like the classes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a very fun class and *wow* am I learning a lot!

      Delete
  4. Both of those apples look juicy enough to eat! I like where your sunflower painting is going, and Caroline's just jumps off the paper!
    I'm impressed with your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! *blushes*
      Her flower paintings are incredible!

      Delete
  5. These are just beautiful!!! I would love to take a class, in fact I am considering doing just that in January or February. Hoping I can find a good teacher here. Your teacher is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She is and awesome artist and it's also nice that she loves the Lord, too. I am really enjoying the class. Praying you find a great teacher, too!

      Delete
  6. Awesome paintings, my friend! Caroline's are awesome too, BTW ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome apple! Love the sunflowers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful paintings, both yours and hers! Glad you are enjoying your classes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of your pieces and Caroline's pieces look great. You can tell by seeing them side by side that you have different painting styles, but each so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! One thing I really like about her class is that she shows how to use her techniques in my own style. She is a very versatile artist!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails