Friday, November 15, 2013

Brrrr - Funtry Friday!

Well, it may look warm out there - but even the guineas think it is getting colder!


They were all fluffed up this morning and trying to soak up the early morning sunshine. I think this one wanted a warmer sun puddle!

While the guineas were soaking up the warmth, I was thinking about my fun day of running all over the place with my sister. Nope, no photos to post of our travels - but look what I saw on the way home.


Yeah, the photo is a little wonky. I was waving the camera out the window (hey, I was parked on the side of the road!). Since I am such a camera aficionado *cough* this is the only photo I took without a vehicle smack in the middle of it. Apparently I was so fascinated with the moon and the neat clouds, that I neglected to pay attention to the traffic. Well, that's what you get at the end of a long Funtry Friday!

Unless it is this -


Or, if there aren't any clouds, you might get this -


Love the colors in our sunsets around here!

And here's a little bit of color from last summer - just to brighten up your day.


My dad was quite a gardener and he planted these many years ago. They present us with a lovely bouquet every year.

Well, hope you had some warm sun puddles and splashes of color in your neck of the woods. Happy Funtry Friday!

Blessings,
Kathy

20 comments:

  1. Loving your glorious skies! Glad you had a fun filled day with sun puddles :)
    Had just puddles here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had tiny puddles last night - but lovely sun puddles today. Thanks! Another great sky scape of clouds out there today!

      Delete
  2. Wow...those wispy clouds are divine!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! God paints a delicious sky, doesn't He?!

      Delete
  3. Your shots of the sky are beautiful. Are you sure those guineas are cold? Maybe their vocal cords are solar charged. Lovely flower and the sentiments that go with it. Again, thanks for sharing another Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      LOL - hadn't thought of that!
      You are welcome. =)
      None of us have the talent for growing roses like our Dad did - so we are delighted that these keep doing so well.

      Delete
  4. Sky shots are gorgeous, great inspiration for painting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful skies! Interesting that the last two (before that gorgeous rose) are of the same spot -- minus a couple of trees! You must have walked in front of the trees to get the last shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      haha - I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. Yes, I was standing on the other side of the trees when I took the last photograph.

      Delete
  6. Love your beautiful skyscapes, Kathy! And how nice that you have your dad's roses for bouquets each summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      We are so blessed to have these roses continuing to grow and bloom - a lovely reminder of our Dad's wonderful gardening talent.

      Delete
  7. always love your sunset photos!. Wish we still had the guinea hens over at the museum.. I miss them whenever I see yours... {:-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      The guineas are such fun! I will really miss them when I move - but they will be much happier here where they can roam free and roost in the trees next door.

      Delete
  8. You really have beautiful sunsets! And it's great to see roses this time of year...thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I thought it would be fun to share a little "out of season" color along with the lovely fall sunsets. Glad you enjoyed the rose!

      Delete
  9. The skies are so beautiful!
    We may still have blooming roses. I'll have to check. They were blooming till a few days ago when we had freezing temps...and...snow! Now it's warmed up--in the mid 60s yesterday.
    Do the guineas grow more feathers for the Winter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      How wonderful that you still have roses.
      The guineas molt just like other birds do. Between the chickens and the guineas I am in a sea of feathers! They are already growing new feathers, too.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful views, and rose too!
    The moon last night was gorgeous, but even with my big lens I couldn't capture the beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pam!
      I can only get very distant photos of the moon. If I try to zoom in very far, it just gets very blurred. It sure was an amazing sight, though! Glad you got to see it, too!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails