Friday, October 11, 2013

Funtry Friday - here and there!

It's been a busy week with some fun all around the country. I saw a purple bee at my sister's house! Seriously!


The light must have hit the wings on this big bumble bee just right to make them show off the iridescent color. Awesome!

I had a nice little rain, too. Also awesome because it did not come with six inches of mud and/or a ton of water coursing through the wash. It did present me with a beautiful cloudy view, though!


Nothing I like much better than enjoying a pretty view while I'm out with the horses.

I also got to see a great watercolor demonstration by an awesome artist. Caroline Linscott visited the Prescott Valley Art Guild and shared her talent with us. Very fun!


I'm looking forward to a class with her next week. Yay!

I had another creative venture this week, too - a little sewing project. This dress is for my oldest granddaughter who wants to dress up like Nancy Drew this year. Here's our version of a 1930s Nancy Drew dress!


It was an adventure since I didn't have a pattern, though there was a dress to copy. And, of course! there were some changes to be made along the way... I think it came out cute - love the blue buttons on the green dress.

Speaking of lovely colors - look what the clouds brought us!


Another gloriously awesome country sunset!

Hope you had some fun this week in your neck of the woods! Thanks for dropping by for some Funtry Friday fun!

Blessings,
Kathy

The Blogging Business Artisans offer this challenge for October:
October- LeAnn / pasqueflower Prelude to the Holidays October! It is time to start thinking ahead to the holidays -- Halloween, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas and New Year. They will be here before we know it!
This month, I challenge you to create a holiday-themed item. It could be a new listing for your Etsy shop, a holiday decoration for your home, a costume or special accessory for a holiday gathering, or a gift you intend to give to a friend or loved one.

The dress here will outfit Miss M as sleuth Nancy Drew for her costume adventures this year!

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful sky, great dress, glorious sunset and watercolors too? Purple bee looks kind of big :o
    Have fun in your class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The bee was a big bumble bee not a little honey bee. Looking forward to getting my brushes wet at class!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful pics -- that sunset is glorious! Love the dress -- Nancy would be proud to wear it! I can't imagine making it without a pattern though.... my sewing skills just aren't good enough for that! Pleats and puff sleeves too, oh my! You did a great job on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! lol - my tape measure and I got a good work out! And then there was all the math.... haha

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great week! And beautiful photos to accompany it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the dress! Was this stitched on the sewing machine that was pitchin' a hissy? LOL!! Great costume idea too - I love Nancy Drew and that dress is just perfect! Much more fun than mini cheerleader costumes, eh? LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! *roflol* Half on the that machine and the rest on mine. The theme this year is "your favorite book character". Hand's down, Nancy Drew is Miss M's favorite! Totally more fun - these pleats were way bigger! LOL

      Delete
  5. As always, thanks for sharing a day in your life with us. Love the dress! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Busy times with lots of fun to share. =) Glad you enjoyed!

      Delete
  6. As always, your sky pictures blow me away! I love the big sky out there. The dress turned out great. How fun to get to watch a watercolor artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The pictures practically take themselves at sunset! The dress was a very fun project. =) Yes, it was - looking forward to her class!

      Delete
  7. I always love your skyscapes. And the Nancy Drew dress is wonderful!! Never saw a purple bee before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The skies are pretty fantastic out here! The dress was so much fun to make - may just have to do a repeat. ;-) I think the light was reflected just right to catch the iridescent color in the wings. Very pretty on the bright flowers, though!

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous skies and cute little bee!! The dress is adorable! Your oldest granddaughter is going to have so much fun wearing it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Duni!
      Cynthia sent me a photo of her in the dress and she looks so cute!

      Delete
  9. What a fun week. The dress turned out great, what a sweet costume!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pam! She is really excited about the dress - it looks so cute on her!

      Delete
  10. What fabulous photos! a purple bee on an orange flower--spectacular!
    What a sunset!
    love the Nancy Drew dress! What a great idea for a costume. no pattern! such talent!
    (reading the above comments... I hope you get to actually see her in the dress.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! =) I have one photo of her in the dress, but I haven't posted it yet. She looks adorable - lol - and anything she wears looks adorable on her!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails