Sunday, September 15, 2013

Smile!

So... I was going to write a Funtry Friday blog post on Saturday, but then Saturday got away from me just like Friday did... Sunday hasn't quite managed to escape into evening yet, so here I am!

Happy Sunday Saturday Funtry Friday!

Guess who likes sunflowers?


 
Guess who else likes sunflowers (besides Bethie and I) -
 


 
Yep, Benny! His favorite parts are the leaves and he gets *really* excited when he sees me coming with his munchies.
 
I love having my animals - they make me smile.
 
 

Hershey and Billie Jane are grooming each other - just like cats, but with teeth and no claws. They will stand and do this for quite a while - which makes me go past smile into laughter.

Speaking of laughter - I did not know that this bug...
(common variety of stink bug about an inch long - in case you wondered...)


...could swim like an Olympic Gold competitor! That's one of those bugs right in the middle of the ripples. This critter made standing in the mud fun. They move fast on dry land, just as fast on the mud, and equally fast in the water. They even dive. Who would have thought?!


I am beginning to think that some bugs just have a sense of humor. You have no doubt heard that saying "sometimes you're the bug and sometimes you're the windshield". Well, sometimes out here the bug is almost big enough to carry off the windshield and the vehicle as well. This guy hitched a ride and stayed on my windshield, until I finished the photo shoot for his moment of grasshopper blog fame. Then, the hopper flew away.


Of course not everything always goes smoothly out here. This morning I rescued this little guy from the dogs. Unwise move to fly into the porch as those old dogs can move faster than you would think.


He may or may not survive his encounter, but at least he is in a safe place with food and water and a chance to recover. It was a little more excitement than I wanted this morning, but at least I was able to rescue him.

This has been a very busy few days.

Friday was a town day - which means that the weather has dried up a bit and there wasn't any water in the wash. Yay!

Saturday was more errands and talking to someone about him using his *big* mower to whack down the tumbleweeds. (Take that, Henry T. Weeds! *with apologies to My Fair Lady*)

Sunday was another sunny day, so I was able to go to church and enjoy some great fellowship and worship. The sermon was thoughtful and inspiring, with a reminder to look around and see how much God loves us and blesses us.

I just showed you some ways the Lord shows His love and blessings to me. Now it's your turn - leave a comment and share some ways He shows His love and blessings to you.

Happy Sonday to you - God loves you!

In peace I will both lie down and sleep,
For You alone, O Lord, make me to dwell in safety.
Psalm 4:8

Blessings,
Kathy

24 comments:

  1. Bethie is so pretty with the sunflower! Benny looks so soft! Hershey and Billie Jane are so cute! Ick on the bug and grasshopper! Hope the bird makes it! After all that, I'm smiling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you were there to rescue that little birdie. I'm amazed that you were able to catch it and place it in a cage. Pretty birdie! Hope his wings are well. {:-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... It was cornered and it can't fly - that's the only reason I was able to catch him. They are beautiful birds! Thank you - I hope so, too.

      Delete
  3. Kathy, the sky photo at the end is amazing. Love all your animals, you can keep the bugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! LOL - we do have some interesting bugs here... but, I agree, the animals are more fun.

      Delete
  4. Kathy, it seems that we're in the same boat. Surrounded by nature and being able to appreciate it all is truly a blessing. Oh, I do love the hitchhikers on the windshield.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, Jane! Very true. haha - it is the season for giant grasshoppers around here.

      Delete
  5. Critters are so funny! It looks like all parts of the sunflower are very appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! Yes, they eat them stems and all.

      Delete
  6. That is too funny about the animals enjoying the sunflowers, and it's so sweet that the horses groom each other just like dogs or cats. I'm glad that you've been able to get into town lately even with all of the rain and flooding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is nice to have better weather!
      Watching them chow down on the sunflowers makes me laugh. It's like a spaghetti plant with Bethie.
      Before I had horses, I never knew they groomed each other.

      Delete
  7. So happy you could rescue the bird! Hope it does well. I missed church this weekend, since I was exhausted from having company and driving all day on Saturday--up and back to Seattle to take them to the cruise dock. so, glad that you are drying out!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far he is doing well, though he doesn't seem to be able to fly. Sounds like you had some fun visiting times! I am so glad for the change in weather - getting caught up on lots of outside stuff now.

      Delete
  8. Those stink bugs must love life
    Fun to see your critters doing life. I hope the bird rescue is successful.
    The beauty of nature and the ability to appreciate it are such blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! At least he doesn't seem to mind the cage.
      So true!

      Delete
  9. God clearly has a sense of humor, looking at some of the crazy critters in Creation!
    I'm blessed with family, good health, and "daily bread" (even when it sometimes seems like crumbs).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! The variety of His Creation is amazing!
      Wonderful blessings!

      Delete
  10. I just love that picture of Bethie :)
    And the birdie is adorable too. I hope he's well in no time.
    Great sunset too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Edi! Bethie does really like her sunflowers!
      Unfortunately, the little bird didn't make it. :(

      Delete
  11. Looks like a fun week. Glad you were able to rescue the little bird, hope he/she survives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun week!
      I'm glad I was there to rescue the bird, too - unfortunately, he didn't survive.

      Delete
  12. Oh, what an adorable photo of Bethie! I love seeing pictures of your animals. They make me smile too!
    And thank you for rescueing the little bird :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Duni! It's fun to share the animal fun!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails