Sunday, September 22, 2013

Morning Glories

Sometimes the simple pleasures in life are quiet and sometimes they are glorious.


I didn't plant these and I haven't watered them, but there they are - beautiful every day.

Hollyhocks appear around here every spring, too. And sunflowers - and a number of other wild flowers both large and small.

Flowers make me smile - and I bet I am not alone. Otherwise why would there be so many florists selling so many flowers for so many occasions? 

But these are free - a gift from God - growing wild all around me. The morning glories have attached themselves tenaciously to the fence. Sometimes they are even stretching up into the sky seeking something to wrap their vines around.  And blooming all the while...


They remind me that God's love for me is just that tenacious. Just that persistent. And every bit that beautiful.

He makes me smile!

Let all who seek You rejoice and be glad in You;
and let those who love Your salvation say continually,
"Let God be magnified,"
Psalm 70:4
 
Thanking the Lord for His beautiful creation - that reminds me of how much He loves us...
Blessings,
Kathy


18 comments:

  1. God is so good to us, and these blossoms are truly glorious(and tenacious)
    Thank you for a sweet and lovely reminder.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! You are welcome! I love how the Lord sends us reminders all around us.

      Delete
  2. You're right that sometimes the simple pleasures in life are the quiet ones. Even though morning glories are considered weeds, I think that they're beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      We have some beautiful flowers around here - and most of them are attached to "weeds". ;-)

      Delete
  3. Wildflowers are so beautiful! And I love that they're maintenance free :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! There are lots of them this year because of all the rain we have had.

      Delete
  4. Those are pretty! Around here, I even enjoy seeing the green moss during the winter and always check out what new mushrooms have popped up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Very fun! We have had a few crops of toadstools that looked quite interesting.

      Delete
  5. Another beautiful post. I love wildflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are beautiful! Flowers make me smile too and indeed they are a gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's no wonder that they are called Morning GLORIES!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails