Sunday, September 8, 2013

A busy week...

Life has been crazy this week - running errands when the rain stopped and the sun dried everything up. Then staying home when the water rose in the wash and planning the next crazy mad dash to town.

Sometimes when life is like that, my brain refuses to slow down. No matter where I am or what I am doing, my brain is already thinking ahead two stops down the road. This, I am here to tell you, can lead to some massive confusion and retracing of steps.

Hello, Brain. Slow down. The Lord has a plan so stay in the moment before you miss something important.

Like the sunset.

 
"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord,
"plans for welfare and not for calamity
to give you a future and a hope."
Jeremiah 29:11
 
Blessings,
Kathy 

14 comments:

  1. Sounds familiar :) stay in the moment - don't want to miss anything!
    Another glorious sunset!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad God gives me sunsets - they stop me in my tracks no matter what I am doing!
      Thank You!

      Delete
  2. That's how I feel most days so I'm trying to make a conscious effort to slow down and enjoy the journey a lot more. Your sunsets are gorgeous in your neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am really glad that God decorates the sky like this - it makes me race out and enjoy the view every time I see the colors change!

      Delete
  3. "Stay in the moment before you miss something important." I struggle with this concept! Your sunset pictures always blow me away. I love the big sky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our hurried pace of life doesn't always permit us to enjoy the blessings that are all around us. When I am home, the blazing sunsets that stretch across the sky remind me that He has a plan - and I need to slow down so I don't miss it.
      Thank you - I love to see them and photograph them.

      Delete
  4. It would be hard to plan with all that rain! I'm much like you...going 100 all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is difficult - but it does make me really focus on what the important priorities are - for each day! I am learning to slow down - haha - and I admit that I am enjoying the slower pace a great deal!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you! It has been a little bit dryer - yay!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Yes - and ones I need to repeat to myself, too!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails