Friday, August 9, 2013

Shhhh! While all the dogs are sleeping... Funtry Friday

*tiptoes quietly into the room*
It's been a crazy couple of weeks here - let me try to catch you up on all my country craziness!

First of all, thanks for all the prayers and well wishes - so far the wash has been pretty much dry (yay for the sunshine!) and we have had a bit of road repair.


It's a little narrow over the cement crossing, but the road and the low water crossing are still there. Yay!

And, for those who have heard about Glory's little misadventure. She is healing well.

For those who didn't hear, she and Cookie had a little disagreement over who really had possession of the fly trap. Grrrr. Believe it or not, the 30 pound dog walked away without a scratch. The Greyhound went to the vet for stitches to sew up her four inch cut. Doh. And the fly bag was mine, anyway.


Glory is healing very well and she got a very nice blue smiley bandage today.
(I should have realized that she was humming "Just you wait, Henry Higgins... just you wait..." when I saw this look. My Fair Lady will never be quite the same again.)


You can't see the pretty repair of the nicely done blue smiley bandage, because this time I taped the shirt over the bandage and onto her foot. I guess there was a reason the vet gave me so much of that particular tape. Ahem. The shirt and bandage are still there. Good girl, Glory.

On another note, the weeds have grown so tall around here that Bailey can hide in them.


A little green cammo and we won't be able to find her.

We did find a really cool moth at church, though.


Thanks to Katie, who looked it up online and discovered that this is a Rustic Sphinx moth. Just to give you an idea of how big this critter is, here is Katie holding this pretty moth.


We were amazed and all of us were taking pictures like crazy. Love the white antennae.


Look at the size of the eye, too. I couldn't resist a little touch myself and as soon as I had my finger on the wing, the moth took flight. We had fun admiring this beauty up close.

And, of course, there are always sunsets to admire. Luscious as always!


Hope you had a good week with some fun adventures. I was glad that most of my crazy adventures were last week which made this week seem quiet. And we had no rain to speak of, so the wash was dry - an added plus.

Have a great weekend, and Happy Funtry Friday!

Blessings,
Kathy

20 comments:

  1. Makes you wonder what that moth eats, It is really pretty however. Glad Glory is doing well, poor girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marlene!
      It was really pretty in person, too. I'm not sure what it eats, but there are lots of flowers around church.
      Me, too! Glory is very much her normal self now.

      Delete
  2. It seems you've earned a quiet week. Wow, that's one huge moth. What intricate patterns and how fortunate it stood where you could really get a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I will take that quiet week and welcome it, Jane!
      That was the biggest moth I have ever seen. The patterns were really beautiful in the sunlight, too.

      Delete
  3. Glad Glory is healing well! That moth is really amazing!! Love the beautiful sunset photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Trina! I have never seen one of them before - beautiful! Glad you enjoyed the sunset.

      Delete
  4. Amazing moth. Amazing skyscape. Glad Glory is doing better. Hooray for an almost dry road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, thank you - and absolutely! LOL

      Delete
  5. Wow -- the moth is amazing! Talk about camouflage! Not sure Glory likes her bandage, but it is lovely on her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a beautiful moth!
      LOL - glory is such a good patient. I will be so happy to take the bandage off and the stitches out and say goodbye to her stylish get-up! LOL

      Delete
  6. WOW! Enormous moth! That was a lovely new bandage - glad Glory is healing and posing so nicely in her duds ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the biggest moth I have ever seen! We have Hummingbird Moths here - but this was even bigger than they are.
      Glory is so patient - poor girl just gives a "really?" look and lets me do whatever.

      Delete
  7. Wow, that is a huge moth! So glad that the road has been repaired and that Glory is healing well. Gorgeous sunset as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing moth! I'm not sure what the wing span was, but certainly was the largest moth I have ever seen.
      Thank you!
      Me, too - poor Glory!

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a great week. I'm glad you haven't had any more rain and I'm glad Glory is healing well :)
    That moth is huge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! Hopefully any more rain we get will be a reasonable amount. LOL
      Thank you - me, too!
      Absolutely huge! And oh, so beautiful!

      Delete
  9. Uh-oh! I'm sorry I don't remember - is she one of the grand dogs? That moth is huge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glory is one the Greyhounds that belongs to my daughter and son-in-law. She is such a good girl!
      Crazy BIG! I keep trying to guess what the wing span was - definitely large!

      Delete
  10. Glad the wash is dry! So glad Glory is healing well!

    Wow that moth is so cool, I found one camping years ago that was maybe 1/2 that size, loved it. It was a really weird looking one with a cool pattern that looked like eyes on the back. I always loved Butterflies and Moths, and Dragonflies too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, me too!
      Glory is doing really well - thanks!
      Wow - sounds neat! I have always loved them, too.

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails