Sunday, August 18, 2013

Kaboom!

Oh. Was that your day exploding? or your week? or your year?

Or your life?

Ever feel like things are totally spinning out of control and you want to know what happened to the brake pedal?

I do.

However, sometimes the brake pedal isn't what I need. Sometimes I just need to hold on and enjoy the ride.

Yikes. Can I choose option number two? Plan B? Something besides chaos?

No. I just need to hold on. And remember to enjoy the ride.

 
Either I believe that the Lord has everything under control or I don't. Option number two is not my choice. I know He does. And I know He loves me - and He loves you - and He isn't going to send us anywhere. He is right there in the midst of what I call chaos - but He calls it a hundred other things.

Like blessings, opportunities, growth... pruning, watering, weeding out the unnecessary...

Wait. Pruning? Do I have to? That hurts...

I don't like pruning. It ranks right up there with chaos and no brake pedal.

Either I believe that the Lord has everything under control or I don't.
I know He does, so I will lean hard on Him. And when I see what I think is chaos, I will ask Him what He calls it.

Then He and I can sit back and enjoy this incredible ride together.

Watching the chaos fade away,
Kathy

Peter said to Him, "Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water." And He said, "Come!" And Peter got out of the boat, and walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But seeing the wind, he became frightened, and he beginning to sink, he cried out, "Lord save me!"
Matthew 14:28-30


10 comments:

  1. I really needed to hear this today :-) Thanx!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed that post today. It's been a chaotic week already--and it's only Monday!! Hangin' on the best I can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - keep hanging and leaning!

      Delete
  3. I'm always in a state of chaos but am working on making things better. I'm even reading a book on how to just accept uncertainty and change which is really hard for an perfectionist accountant to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - or a control freak (who me?). ;-) But I have found out that it is so much easier to lean on the Lord!

      Delete
  4. Great message to start the week as always! It's hard to let that brake pedal go, but it's great to give up the control once in a while.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails