Friday, July 19, 2013

Funtry Friday Outtakes

Well, here is the first photo you won't see today...

------>

Yep. Not there. But here is the conversation I had with myself while I wasn't taking this picture.

"What is that? Is that a jackrabbit? Those are enormous ears... what? wait? Oh my! That's no jackrabbit that's a young deer... bounding towards the road... Yikes! Oh... *thinks about camera* Wow! I wonder if... yep - that baby just cleared the fence on this side of the road! Whoa! They sure are fast!"

Yeah. Driving down the road at 65 miles per hour I'm not going to start fishing in The Bag for the camera. LOL - With as fast as that baby was moving, even if I had pulled over I doubt I would have gotten the camera out and focused before that little deer was out of site.

These were easier to photograph. They didn't try to jump the fence.


I love sunflowers! They always make me smile.

So do guineas...


Happy Morning to you all! haha - looks like the audience is sleeping in today.  Give them a while and they will be out and about all over the neighborhood!  Here they are across the road munching away in the open field.


Speaking of birds...


Yeah... I wondered where the other pair of Swallows decided to build their nest. Ahem. Persistent little critters, to say the least!

Well, there you have it. The out and about outside news for this Funtry Friday! To top the day off, I will leave you with another glorious country sunset.



Happy Funtry Friday!
Blessings,
Kathy

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful surroundings... hard to take pictures and drive lol... I missed a coyote one day, and I was a passenger and still couldn't catch him. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pam! The wild critters are really fast! I have lots of photos of where one of them *used to be*. LOL

      Delete
  2. Love you picture that is not there, reminds me of the not picture of the antelope we saw running across the meadow. Never seen a white guinea either. Gorgeous sunset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - Well, Marlene - it is "where the deer and the antelope play"! They are just too busy for picture taking. LOL Guineas come in all sorts of colors - we have had several of them over the years. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Another beautiful sunset! And the sunflowers look pretty too.
    I bet the baby deer was adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The baby deer was beautiful!

      Delete
  4. Incredible sunset and always love your creature features.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that sunset! Sunflowers are smile makers for sure...I love seeing the huge ones in strange places because someone lost a seed. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      The neighbors used to grow giant sunflowers and everyone once in a while there will be one come up even though they haven't grown them for several years. Those are big smile makers!

      Delete
  6. I love sunflowers, too. And that sunset is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so nice to see them growing by the roads.

      Delete
  7. ha ha! Plants never run away, do they?!
    aaahhh... the sunset IS glorious!
    silly, silly swallows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - If I see one running, I will go for the zoom lens - but not the galloping plant!
      Thank you!
      Yes! I chased them off a wall... and that's where they ended up.

      Delete
  8. Bet the deer was cute! This post made me smile! The sunset is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharla! So glad it made you smile!!!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you! That is quite a compliment coming from a photographer of your quality! I appreciate your comment very much.

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails