Friday, July 26, 2013

Funtry Friday Flyers, Floods, and Frogs... and Dogs... and...

Well, look what's happening around here! Funtry Friday is Full of Fantastic Fun this week! We have Flyers - the baby swallows have hatched.


Aren't they cute? Their nests really fascinate me, too - love the extra outside feather on this one.

 
Well, we really don't have Floods... but rain, puddles, water, wet... none of them started with "F". See, I kind of have this "F" theme this week.  Kind of...

We did have a nice lake... which doesn't start with "F" either.


The horses found a dry place to huddle.


Either that, or they are waiting for me to get out there and feed them. Sorry guys - I'm going to wait until this rain gets to the drizzle stage.

One thing I love about the rain is that it brings out all our little Frogs and toads. I can hear them "singing" at night. Of course, I don't have any pictures of the frogs... but I do have one of the visiting Greyhounds. Yeah, I know - "dog" does not start with "F". Maybe it's time to give up this whole theme thing!


Glory and Gotcha have been having fun visiting with Lova and Cookie - racing around, eating snacks and goodies, sleeping, eating snacks and goodies, having breakfast, eating snacks and goodies, napping, eating snacks and goodies, having supper, eating snacks and goodies... If they ever slow down, maybe I can get a better picture of them. When all four dogs stretch out and nap, it is wall to wall dogs in here. Fun!

Well, since I am no longer having an "F" theme for this Funtry Friday blog post, how about another sunset photograph. Around here, I spell them "awesome" as we have some spectacular colors in our sunsets and sunrises.


This was the view to the south of me one evening recently. Sometimes there will be gorgeous colorful clouds all the way around us. God sure paints a magnificent sky!

Well, hope you had a good Funtry Friday in your neck of the woods. Thanks for dropping by and strolling around with me today!

Blessings,
Kathy

22 comments:

  1. Oh how I love to visit you and your menagerie. Wow, your sunsets are turning me green with envy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you enjoyed visiting!

      Delete
  2. That is such a beautiful sky! Methinks the dogs are enjoying their snacks and goodies, and the horses their somewhat dry place! Those swallows are so sweet -- maybe you'll be their Capistrano and they'll find their way back to you year after year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      LOL - they are!
      The swallows do come back and return to their nests - or the spot where their nest was. Then they usually hatch two batches of eggs before departing. There are some that have been nesting on the Safeway in Prescott for years.

      Delete
  3. Your dog and doggie visitors enjoy the day the same as Daisy, eat and snacks. The dogs are cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - ahhhh - such a dog's life! Thank you - they are very expressive.

      Delete
  4. Love that big puffy cloud ;) Watching the greyhound run, they are amazing! These 2 are cute. If you don't give them a snack or goodie, they are big enough to help themselves. :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      DD has one of those tall dining room tables... I have a normal one. The Greyhounds are delighted that I have decided to keep my food at eye level for them... LOL

      Delete
  5. Fabulous shot of the birds in their nest. And I love your awesome skyscapes. It makes me just want to belt out a chorus of How Great Thou Art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! I spend a lot of time thanking the Lord for the beauty out here. WOW!

      Delete
  6. Another stunning sky shot! The little birds are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I was so glad that they peeked over the edge of the nest so I could see them.

      Delete
  7. When I lived in Missouri and in Texas, we had clouds like that. Here in the PNW it is mostly just allover gray when it rains. I miss the thunder storms! But I do understand your prayers about the lightning not starting fires!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed that, too, when I lived in Washington state. It was very different than here and I missed our clouds and gully washers! ;-)
      Thank you!

      Delete
  8. Always a fun read... lol I'd love to have frogs and toads near by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fun! I haven't seen any yet this year, but I have heard them almost nightly. It's such a fun sound to hear.
      Thank you!

      Delete
  9. Cute little baby birdies! Glad the horses could stay dry in all that rain! Glory and Gotcha look very happy to be there with Lova and Cookie and the snack dispensing Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I think the dogs really enjoy each other - especially at snack time. ;-)

      Delete
  10. Beautiful sky and the dogs look like they're having fun! It's incredible that nest can hold those birds up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Those nests are amazing and they last from year to year!

      Delete
  11. gorgeous sky!
    What a fun grouping of fantastic animals!
    I'll just bet that food is on the minds of those horses!
    The dogs must be having the best vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      haha - food is of great importance to them!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails