Sunday, July 7, 2013

Everybody can.

"Watching" original drawing
Everybody. You can. I can. Everybody can.

Can what?

Can encourage. Can encourage someone who is discouraged. hurt. disappointed. sad. grieved.

We have all been through "something". Some Things. Some not so fun things... In the middle of the "not so fun things", good things can happen. It takes a lot of hindsight to see the good things sometimes. But once we do get that hindsight, we can share what we know with others.

Even in the toughest of circumstances.

There was one survivor* of the Granite Mountain Hotshots fighting the Yarnell Hill Fire. One. Today I found out that a veteran officer has asked to talk to him because, while serving in the Middle East, he was the only survivor of his military action. One speaking to one.

The next time you feel that nudge to say something to someone, give in and do it. I just did. I hope I have encouraged you to know that every experience you have is valuable - to you and to others.

Share!

Blessings,
Kathy


Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies
and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction
so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction
with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
 
 
*There are no links in this post because the surviving Hotshot has requested to have his privacy. The investigations show that he was doing his job as lookout for the crew exactly as he should have. The changes in weather and fire direction were what caused the deaths of the other firefighters.

18 comments:

  1. Thank you, Kathleen :) You are always an encourager.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww - thank you! You have encouraged me many times!

      Delete
  2. Wise words and expressive painting :)
    I seem to be good at encouraging others - at least that's what my friends say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's wonderful =) I'm sure it's right, too.

      Delete
  3. Very well said Kathleen. You do a wonderful job of encouraging others and hopefully in some way sometime I will too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharla! Your blog always lifts my spirits =)

      Delete
  4. It must be such a harrowing experience to be the only survivor of something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Natasha. He recited the Hotshot Prayer at the memorial service today. There were around 30,000 people who gave him a standing ovation.

      Delete
  5. Thank you, Kathy, for those encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! Thank you for your kind comment.

      Delete
  6. It's so great that he has someone to talk to that he can relate to.
    I know when my brother passed it was nice talking to people who have been through the same situation. I hope to do the same for others when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Edi! I thought of you as I wrote this post. You will be a blessing to those who walk that difficult way!

      Delete
  7. I watched a news report about the one survivor, and it was obvious he was all broken up about leaving his buddies behind. You can't help being touched.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true. I'm glad that so many firefighters have reached out to him.

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails