Sunday, July 21, 2013

Been praying for rain? I have.

So our monsoon rains have finally arrived... Praise the Lord!
 

Pretty much every afternoon, too.



After the showers yesterday, I got all the critters bedded down and climbed into bed. Then distant thunder started. I have prayed for rain, but not for scary storms. Then lightening... silence as I count (yes, I know - but my Mom always counted). Boom. When I only got to three, I stopped counting.

And, no, there are no pictures to show you why...

It is really hard to take a picture of four scaredy-cat dogs when one of them has you pinned and is giving you a cardiac massage. Fortunately, said dog was one of my 35 pounders... not one of our visiting Greyhounds. (Yes, I promise pictures of them - but on another day.)

Said dog, whose name begins with "C" and ends with "ookie", vacated my bed to parts unknown. Amazing how a room can be wall to wall dogs until they find invisible hiding places when they hear thunder.

The storm passed. "Ah", with relief, I think to myself, "now for some sleep." Right (four syllables, please).

Around 1:30 am, I was roused by a cold nose reminding me that I do not have a doggie door. A second cold nose propelled me to action. Fortunately, it was not pouring rain and all four dogs were propelled to action as well.

And, fortunately, once inside they all went back to sleep. By the way, I am one of those blessed people who can fall asleep easily - I simply recite Scripture verses that I have memorized. Peace and comfort = peaceful and comfortable sleep. I, too, went promptly back to sleep.

However, there is still that alarm to wake me up.

It was kind of wet out there and still raining, too - but just a little gentle drizzle. I had to change my shoes before church. Nice mud. Did you know you can walk on tumbleweed and keep about a third of the mud off of you?
 
And there was a promise of more rain, too.
 
 
But this day started the way many days start and end here. It started with glorious color spread as far as I could see.
 
 
It was a beautiful sunrise to remind me of Jesus Christ - and His Son-rise in my heart. A jump start to gratefulness for answered prayers for rain and for seeing us safely through the storm. And a reminder, as well, of the many ways that the Lord blesses me every day!
 
Thanking the Lord with a grateful heart,
Kathy
 

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7




22 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful sunrise! My girl dog is so afraid of thunder. I've thought about getting her one of those silly thunder shirts to see if it helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Usually the dogs are fine, but this storm was close and a bit louder. Even I was happy to see it depart!
      Poor little girl dog!

      Delete
  2. a beautiful sunrise!
    so tumbleweeds are good for something!!
    glad you got rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Haha - Yes! I found a use for them! Well, as long as they are only up to knee high...

      Delete
  3. Kathy - I do the counting thing too :)
    Poor furbabies. Sammy, my cat is afraid of thunder and hides under the couch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always sat on the front porch and watched the storms and "counted" how far away it was. Mom was determined that we wouldn't be afraid of storms like some children were.

      Delete
  4. What a sunrise!! Aren't you glad the horses don't come inside?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got some much needed rain! And what a beautiful sunrise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Both the beautiful skies and the rain have been very refreshing.

      Delete
  6. You have such glorious skies! I count just to make sure I am safe :D Dogs that hide? Mine just wanted to snuggle up with me...terriers and the spaniel were easy to manage but the shepherd was a different story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I count to see about how far away it is - closer storms do make me want to keep an eye on them. If the storm gets close, then my dogs seem to be more upset. Since the Greyhounds had just arrived, I think they were all more excited. At first it was a snuggle - then it escalated. LOL

      Delete
  7. So glad you're getting that much needed rain. Love the sunrise photo! Such vivid colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Yes. =)
      Thank you - in real life, the colors are even more amazing.

      Delete
  8. Cookie, we don't blame you! We've only heard thunder twice in our lives and I hid both times! The sky isn't supposed to boom like that! Glad you got some rain though but hopefully the next round will be quieter! Enjoy your guests!

    Purrs,
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woofers! Glad somebuddy is on my side! We furries tooks a vote and we don't like the booms! Especially after the sun goes downs...
      Wees having lots of fun barking and napping! =<,,>=
      Cookie

      Delete
  9. Grateful that your prayers for rain were answered. Love your beautiful skyscape photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are very grateful for the rain, too! I love to share our gorgeous summer skies.

      Delete
  10. YES! Praise God we got rain here in the Valley too! My garden was very happy to welcome the rain. WOOHOO! Well, I can say woohoo because I wasn't flooded, nor did I attempt to drive across a wash (the reason we had to enact the Stupid Motorist Law) so that I would have to be rescued. Luci is not afraid of storms, oddly enough, but have you ever seen seen a 90+ lb. dog balance on a garden hose so as to take care of "necessaries" without getting her feet wet? Yep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wooohooooo! LOL - yep, wash-hoppers all over the place. doh. PTL our washes are either not running or running low. *roflol* You need to get pictures of Luci doing that! hahahaha! Hysterical!

      Delete
  11. Glad you finally got your rain... hope those storms stay away, I don't like storms either!
    Beautiful sunsets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I like the gentle rains better - but sometimes we need the extra rain that those storms bring. Nice and sunny out there today. =)

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails