Sunday, June 9, 2013

Just a little nearsighted.

Hello, my name is Kathy and I am nearsighted and I like it.


I am used to my fuzzy world and, quite frankly, first thing in the morning it is nice to have a fuzzy world. I can choose when to bring things into focus simply by grabbing my glasses and putting them on my face.  I can even delay focus for a few moments by keeping my eyes shut. Yeah. I do that.

Some people have surgery so they don't see this way. I can tell you that I have never even considered doing that because I like the way I see things.

I do see a little bit better than I used to, though - part of the aging process is that nearsighted people do tend to loose a bit of their nearsightedness. This is pretty close to the way I see things now. Well, as close as I can come to it with Photoshop.



Of course, there are a few draw backs to being as nearsighted as I am. You don't want me to drive without my glasses and I don't want me to walk across the room without them.  I never know what I might step on...


Some surprises are better than others. If it is dark, I turn on the lights and put on my glasses when I get out of bed. Yeah... and I put on my slippers, too. It pays to be prepared when you see don't see the way I do. I didn't always do this. I did learn the hard way. Yes, broken toes heal pretty well. And I won't list everything I have stepped on...

Sometimes I choose to leave my Spiritual glasses off. Guess how bad my eternal vision is then? On a scale of 1 to 10, it isn't even on the scale. Things in life look all blurry and out of focus - nice and soft, with no hard edges. Or teeth. Then life bites me and I wonder what happened. Doh.

Back to digging into the Word instead of reading familiar Bible passages that are comfortable. Back to seeking what the Lord really wants me to do. Back to being His, not mine.

It's a much better deal. When my life is in focus eternally, I am much less likely to be tripped up by the fuzzy day to day-ness of life. I am much more likely to see clearly in the here and now as I look forward to the then and there.

Fixing my eyes on the Lord,
Kathy


So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen,
since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:18

10 comments:

  1. Yikes! I'm not sure I'd want to see this guy either. But if I'm that close, I'd want to see him so I could run!
    Luckily right now I just need glasses to drive, but I'm afraid time will tell a different story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! LOL I remember when I got my first glasses in 4th grade and I discovered that the grass was "hairy".

      Delete
  2. Great message to start the week as always! I love the comparison.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose! Writing helps me keep my focus. =)

      Delete
  3. Love the message and the reminder to always make sure I can see clearly in the country! That's why I have the contacts I can sleep in! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Wow... I slept in contacts once, but that was before they made them so you could sleep in them. Ouch! One time event! lol

      Delete
  4. Nice, inspiring post! My vision is pretty fuzzy without my bifocals, too. And at some point I will need to have cataract surgery -- hopefully a few years out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad mine is not as fuzzy as it used to be. =) Just pleasantly blurry - though still not good for driving without glasses. I hear that the doctors can do amazing things with cataract surgery these days. Hope all goes well (and a few years from now) for that surgery.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. *roflol* I do NOT go in the chicken coop without my glasses on, for sure! LOL

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails