Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Almost Dump Day

Well, here I am - all loaded up to go to the dump. All ready. See the nice tarp? See how high the pile is? Good, Kathy - getting rid of "stuff"! (No worries - nothing in there could be recycled...)


What "good Kathy" didn't do was believe the web site. Nope. Didn't think they had the right information. And, yes, today is Wednesday and I knew that when I drove to the dump.


We shall consider today a tarp testing trial run, okay? And, at least, the truck is all loaded for a journey tomorrow morning when, hopefully, there will be less wind. By the way, the tarp worked just fine. I knew you wanted to know.

In the meantime, look what I rescued from the dump! Well, actually, I didn't go dump picking - I just didn't throw away this pair of jeans.


Well, and to further clarify, these aren't really jeans - at least not any more. This is my awesome purse which I love!


It has a very cool outside pocket - and one on the inside, too. Want to know how I made it? I bought a 25 cent zipper and cut pieces of the jeans and sewed them together until they looked like a purse.

No joke!

Happy recycle, upcycle, redo, reuse, or re whatever - this is my ready-to-go hold everything cowgirl saddle bag. Ye haw!

And it is a perfect answer to the Blogging Business Artisans challenge for June!

"June- AntiquityTravelers - June is a month for weddings. But how about a bit of twist on the saying "something old, and something new" .... does anyone 'upcycle'? How do you take an old item and make it new? How about reworking an antique? Anyone do steampunk? how about quilting with fabrics from clothing that has memories to you? ... any other ideas?"

How about them road apples?

Some road apples are better than others. We have a few roads closed around the Prescott area due to the Doce fire. I can see it from my front porch, though it is about 35 miles away.


Please be praying for the firefighters and the people in that area. Current information about the fire can be found on the Yavapai County Emergency Management website.

Watching and praying,
Kathy

PS My zipper pull says "got Jesus?" I do and I am really glad that I do!

26 comments:

  1. There's nothing wrong with those practice runs. Oh, love the purse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - we need to know where we are going! ;-)
      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. what a cute purse! Hope the fires get under control - how scary to have the fires so close! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Yes it is a bit scary, but the firefighters are working very hard to get it under control

      Delete
  3. Love your upcycled purse! Hope your trip to the dump today is a success :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Mission Accomplished ;-)

      Delete
  4. I LOVE the upcycled jeans purse!!
    We once drove to the dump and it was closed too! Glad the tarp worked :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      haha - the load made the trip in tact three times. LOL
      Doh. Sorry you missed yours, too.

      Delete
  5. What a cute purse! Hope you were finally able to dump your stuff at the dump! :) Sure hope the fires are controlled soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Dump dumped. =)
      They are working very hard up there - 10% contained, no loss of life, no loss of structures.

      Delete
  6. Wow - That's a great purse! I hate driving to the dump to find it closed! That has happened to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Doh - we seem to almost have enough for a "closed dump trip"! LOL

      Delete
  7. Your purse is so cute! I love that you "sewed the pieces together until they looked like a purse" -- too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! haha - I tried to make a pattern (which I have done for many other things) but couldn't quite make it work. I just kept "trying it on" to see if it fit right. LOL

      Delete
  8. I make lots of booty bags - I LOVE them and they are nearly indestructible. I remake, reuse, redo nearly everything! My prayers are with you and everyone near the Doce fire. Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was fun and I plan to make another one with a little different look. I like to remake and redo a lot of things, too. =)
      Thanks for the prayers! Smokey here, but doing okay.

      Delete
  9. Fun purse! I'm definitely keeping those firefighters and residents in my prayers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your old jeans "saddlebag" purse!! Praying the fires get under control soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny story about your would-be trip to the dump, but what a great way to recycle those jeans into a practical bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I did finally make it to the dump a day later. LOL
      This is one of my all time favorite purses and I plan to make more.

      Delete
  12. What a great purse! and a most excellent example of upcycling, recycling, redo and what have you! hope those fires have been put out by now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And it was lots of fun to make, too. =)
      70% contained as of today with the report that they expect it to be 100% contained by tomorrow. God bless those firefighters!

      Delete
  13. Oh no... hate getting places to find they are closed.

    Cool purse! Love to see items recycled!

    Hoping to hear the fire is contained very soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I didn't drive very far to go to the dump. LOL
      Thanks! It is fun to see how people will reuse things.
      Hopefully today! God bless those firefighters!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails