Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wednesday art - not quite on my table...

My homemade light box lamp wasn't quite bright enough...
 

 

... so I had to use the window.
 
The sunshine is bright enough - as long as I remember to work during the day when the clouds are not gathering! I have been working on transferring drawings on tracing paper to watercolor paper. The watercolor paper was a bit thick for my lamp to shine through, so I thought I would try this. It has worked great!
 
Now... off to put a few finishing touches on the drawings and begin painting!
 
Happy creating!
Kathy


14 comments:

  1. What a great idea Kathleen. I may try something similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pamela. This has worked very well with the watercolor paper.

      Delete
  2. Hooray for the sun. The window is my usual "light box," too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Works really well for me as long as I remember that it doesn't work at night. LOL

      Delete
  3. It's great that this technique worked so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I was really pleased that it did.

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Sharla is wonderful, isn't she? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! Sharla IS awesome. :-)

      Delete
  5. Clever use of "tools" you have on hand :)
    I've used this technique before for dry embossing as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was really glad that this worked as well as it did. What fun - I did a little bit of embossing many years ago.

      Delete
  6. Good to improvise... glad it is working well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised that it worked as good as it did! Yay - now I will do them all that way! Thanks =)

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails