Friday, May 17, 2013

Walking on water and blooming at night - Funtry Friday happenings!

Have you ever tried to rescue a water bug... Ummmm - doesn't work if you are trying to move them off water...  just sayin'


It was really cool to watch this bug walk on water, though!

It was also really cool to watch this little Killdeer. There must be a nest nearby...


They nest on the ground and when a predator arrives, the adult will flop all over the ground squawking the whole time.


Apparently I qualify as a predator. I am so easily entertained! LOL

Feeding time is always entertaining, too...


One of these days, Hershey is going to get whapped with the door regardless of how careful I am. He just wants to make sure I am doing everything right.

And Billie Jane wants to make sure that she doesn't miss any of her goodies that I might have left behind...


Seriously, girlie, you are not missing anything.

I will miss these lovely flowers, though, if I don't cruise around looking for them early in the morning. I don't know what they are really called, but we call them Moon Flowers because they bloom at night. (I didn't know what they were called, but Karin of  Remembrances did know that this is an Oenothera deltoids, also known as Evening Primrose. Thank you, Karin!)


These don't look like any of the "Moon Flowers" that came up in my internet search. They do bloom at night and close up during the day. I love that they have four heart shaped petals. I'm thinking that I will sort through my bazillion photographs of them (I did say that I liked them, you know...) and do a painting. Ahem. That will somewhat justify the time spent taking the bazillion photographs...

Hope your Funtry Friday is a splendid jumping off place for your weekend!

Blessings,
Kathy

24 comments:

  1. always a pleasure to visit your little corner of the world! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Daffy dear! Always lovely to see you here!

      Delete
  2. Looks like Billie Jane is enjoying her tire and wheelbarrow dishes!
    How does it feel to be classified as a predator?!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does, Sarah! haha - Well, I was sort of stalking the bird so I could get a good picture. Guess I looked like a prowling predator. LOL

      Delete
  3. So many folks miss the joys of life simply because they don't pay attention. Thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so very true! We have some of the most beautiful flowers around here - and lots of people call them weeds. ;-)

      Delete
  4. Looks like a fun week on the farm :) Love the photo of Hershey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He likes to pose - lol - sometimes! Springtime brings lots of fun. =)

      Delete
  5. Hershey is such a hoot! And it is so funny that Billie Jane makes sure the wheelbarrow is empty before chowing down on her bowl full! My dog does the same thing - she checks to make sure we have given her all of the "treats" before she eats her food! The plant is Oenothera deltoides, a form of evening primrose, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, cool! Thanks for the information on the flower! That is absolutely what it is. I will add that information to my blog post.

      haha - I have a dog who waits, too. LOL - the other dog doesn't which can make for an interesting food event sometimes.

      Delete
  6. Lots of nice events at your location, thanks for sharing! I love the critter shots ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I have a lot of fun with the critters - and the lovely warmer spring weather.

      Delete
  7. Great animal captures as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's fun when they cooperate, as you know. lol

      Delete
  8. The moonflowers are so pretty and delicate looking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your pictures, as always :) Especially that one of your Hershey... so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He can be quite the character. =)

      Delete
  10. Oh yes. Do paint them!
    Eating is a highlight of one's life if one is an animal.
    Water bugs are pretty fascinating creatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such pretty flowers - I can't resist. I'll have to paint an iris, too - lol - just as many photos of them.
      haha That is absolutely true! Feeding time around here can be hysterical - in more ways than one!
      I don't often see the water bugs. It was really fun to watch. They really do walk on water!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. I was really surprised at the bright colors. They are very pretty and have a sweet call, too.

      Delete
  12. lol so much fun at your place! Love the killdeer!
    And no... I have not nor will I ever try and rescue a water bug lol Looks creepy to me!
    Such pretty horses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam! The sod farm across the street must have enough water to attract the killdeer. There are several around here.
      LOL - the way the bug walked on water was funny.
      Glad you enjoyed the horses!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails