Friday, May 24, 2013

Funtry Friday Feathers, Flowers, and Fiery Skies

The Blogging Business Artisans Challenge for May is flowers.

 
May- BeadedTail - April showers brought May flowers so let's see them!
 Create something with flowers and let your imagination bloom!
 
I am hoping to create some paintings soon because I have been able to get some lovely photographs of some of my favorite flowers.
 
Like this iris - the originals were planted by my dad about 55 years ago. He took them with us whenever we moved and I have kept on doing that, too.
 
 
I love photographing those iris, but then I got sidetracked with some other photography fun. I found out why the killdeer look so plain until they start thrashing around like crazy. Here is one side of a tail feather - with lots of bright colors.
 
 
 
However... the other side looks quite different. Voila - they hide their colors until they want to be seen.
 
 
 
Easily distracted person that I am, I paused between feather photos when I saw this lovely little - and I do mean little! - flower.
 
 
So perfect and so pretty! I wonder how many people really see a flower this small...
 
                    ...and how many people are fascinated by feathers.
 
 
When you look at the guinea fowl, you don't always see their spots. Their feathers really do show their true colors, though.
 
And speaking of true colors, the sun shining on these delicate flower petals will made a very fun painting. I see lots of different colors in here - not just white.
 
 
 
But for truly amazing colors, just turn your eyes on to one of our fiery sunsets.
 
 
Looks like the Evening Primroses are really loving it.
 
Hope you enjoyed your Funtry Friday bouquet!
 
Blessings,
Kathy






24 comments:

  1. Amazing photos. I love the sunset -- and the gorgeous purple iris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I never ceased to be amazed at the beauty in the nature around me.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful iris Kathy! I haven't had much luck with mine here. Bloomed a couple years and just greens now so I am moving them to a sunnier spot. Gorgeous sunset :D white flowers are fun to paint...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have a few other varieties of iris - they seem to do well here. Yay! Yes - white flowers are fun to paint! and white horses, white cats, white dogs... lol

      Delete
  3. grat photos!
    When I take macro flower photos I sometime see parts of the flower I didn't notice before.
    I agree that feathers can be fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So very true! When I go look at my photos, I often see things I hadn't noticed before. We have so many kind of birds around here - I love to find feathers and guess who left it behind.

      Delete
  4. I love the mix of feathers and florals :) Love the shot of the little yellow flower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was such a tiny little flower - maybe an inch (2.5 mm) in diameter! There are even smaller ones here that are just as pretty.

      Delete
  5. Did someone mention to me that living out in the country is boring? The sunset is marvelous and a fitting end to the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - if they did, it was because they have never lived out in the country! Thank you! It sure it!

      Delete
  6. That's so great that your dad moved the iris through the years! Hope to see it in a painting!
    The killdeer feather looks like Cali Mae, my outside calico kitty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He moved three different varieties that he had bought. Two of them are still blooming. =) I have painted these before and I am sure I will do it again! They are very fun to paint.
      I never thought about it, but those feathers are the color of calico kitties! Such a pretty combination of colors!

      Delete
  7. How neat to have those irises after all of these years! I hope that you get a chance to turn some of your flower photos into paintings soon. Gorgeous sunset as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Me, too - flowers always inspire me to paint, especially the irises.

      Delete
  8. Love the story about the irises! So much forethought! And, I too, would like to see a painting of the irises! Looking forward to it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Dad was a wonderful gardener. My sister lives in their home now and we were just commenting this week on all the flowers in bloom from the plants he had put in years ago. So wonderful to have something from him after all these years.

      Delete
  9. That's pretty cool about the irises! Hope the kitties got to play with those pawesome fevvers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      They were pretty busy watching Bird TV. We have the Swallow Nesting Channel right now. LOL

      Delete
  10. Pretty! I am so used to seeing your art that I thought the first one was a painting! What a great picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am thinking about putting a dark background behind the next iris I paint. I wasn't really thinking about the background when I took this picture, but I do like the way the darker color makes the iris stand out so well.

      Delete
  11. Kathy - you live in a God Blessed place.

    ♥♥♥
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Sue - and I thank the Lord every day for the blessings He has poured out on me! Thank you!

      Delete
  12. Beautiful Iris, feathers and flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love seeing the beautiful things around here!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails