Sunday, April 7, 2013

When chaos isn't.

Sometimes I look at my life and all I see is chaos. And other times I look at my life and all I see is calm and peace as things swirl around me.



It's perspective. How am I looking at what is happening in my life? Am I looking at it through myopic eyes with forgotten spectacles? Or am I letting God show me things from His eternal viewpoint?

I will take one viewpoint adjustment, to go, please and thank you.

In spite of the appearance of chaos, I know that God has a plan. And it's a good one.
 
For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord,
plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope.
Jeremiah 29:11

Resting in His will,
Kathy

PS If you want to create a little Chaotic Art to remind you that God does have a plan, visit Create Art In The Style of Jackson Pollock and have some peaceful fun!

24 comments:

  1. My life has certainly felt like chaos for the last...long while! I'm trying really hard to relax and find the sense in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard, Natasha. And sometimes I just have to give up pondering the details and know that God has a perfect track record in my life.

      Delete
  2. I feel the same way! My life has felt like chaos for quite some time... Thank you for sharing this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Trina! We are never alone when we feel that way.

      Delete
  3. So true! Perspective makes a huge difference. Is the glass half full or half empty...it is up to us to decide :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taking an eternal perspective sure fills up the glass and clears out the chaos in my life!

      Delete
  4. You're right that it's all about the perspective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's not always easy to keep that eternal perspective, but it sure makes a big difference!

      Delete
  5. Kathleen.....thank you for the loving reminder that we need to look for the perspective in our lives. God makes all thing possible if we let go and let him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Now if I can concentrate on gettin past that "if we let Him" just a little bit faster...

      Delete
  6. Great reminder to pay attention to the perspective! I tend to see the chaos so need to change that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharla! I tend to do that, too - but looking at "the big picture" sure has made a difference in my life.

      Delete
  7. Great reminder, Kathy! Nothing clears up my perspective quicker than diving into the Word and letting God talk to me. If I don't start my day with Him and His Word, I am undone! Also, when I think my life is chaotic, I just look around me or think of folks that have MUCH more chaos than I do and ask the Lord to show me a way that I can be an encouragement to them that day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, Karin! Nothing better than looking up and looking out!

      Delete
  8. It's good to get your chaotic feelings out - paint on paper is best! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - focusing on them is not very productive for sure. I give them to God and grab my brushes! ;-)

      Delete
  9. I am so bad about seeing only what I want to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we are honest, many of us will say the same thing.

      Delete
  10. One of my favorite verses! Yes, well said!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails