Friday, April 12, 2013

Funtry Friday Springtime!

Well, well, well. The signs of spring are here!  Welcome back, tumbleweeds. No, I did not miss you.


Brushing the winter coat out of horses every year is lots of fun. I never know exactly what color they will be. Billie Jane has a new little white polka dot!


I haven't seen any new dark spots on her yet, but she hasn't shed all of her winter hair.

Hershey looks like he is going to be really dark this year! He looks a bit funny right now because he sheds really slowly. The darker areas are his summer coat and the creamier color is his winter coat. Yep, right now his shoulders and his cheeks are about the only places where you can see his summer coat.


 Do you like the short cut that Mr. Mellow is taking? Not much phases this horse - including walking through "tight spots".


haha - Hershey took a right turn at the barn. This is his "are you ready to feed me yet?" look. Now if I can just get him to move a smidge so I can get the door open...

Welcome to our Spring sunsets!  We had a lovely one tonight. It looked like fire was falling from the sky.


Have a spectacular weekend!  Happy Funtry Friday!

Blessings,
Kathy

PS Anybody want any tumbleweeds?

16 comments:

  1. No thank you on the TW's, but WOW! What a sunset! So glad to see Hershey up and about! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Daffy dear! LOL - but I have so many tumblers to share with you! ;-) Thanks for all the prayers - I am so glad Hershey is doing well, too!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad I didn't read this last night since I've never recovered from the tumble weed adventure on the Twilight Zone. (oh my, did I bring that up again?) Love your adventures with the animals and what an incredible sky!! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my - glad I don't remember the episode - LOL - could be bad this time of year! Thanks =) It's fun to share! Nothing quite like an Arizona sunset!

      Delete
  3. Oh dear, tumbleweeds... I forgot all about them! We used to live in Tucson, Arizona and those tumbleweeds were something else!

    Beautiful pictures, love how Hershey is reminding you that it's time to eat. :) I didn't know their coats were a different color when they shed. And that sunset, wow... It really does look like fire is falling from the sky. Thanks so much for sharing these great photos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, they can be pesky especially out here where they just keep on traveling around. The coats are usually a little lighter in color and the hair is a bit heavier. Love, love, love our gorgeous skies! You are welcome!

      Delete
  4. Wow! Love your setting sun view! So what did horses do before there were humans to brush them out? Hershey is quite the character - don't get between him and a meal :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lee! Wild horses rub on rocks and trees and roll all over the ground. ;-) Hershey has quite a personality! LOL Meal time is very fun with he and Billie Jane.

      Delete
  5. Love the horse photos. And the sunset is spectacular! I miss living in the country in Spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really enjoy living out here - Spring is lovely and so welcome after the cold winter!

      Delete
  6. It was fun to visit with the horses. Gorgeous sunset!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you enjoyed your visit!

      Delete
  7. It's so interesting to learn about your horses! gotta love the new polka dot!
    amazing sunset!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The first year that Billie Jane got a spot, I was surprised. She has some "color" in her breeding. She has had a new spot every year that I have had her. Some are dark and some are white.
      I love our sunsets!

      Delete
  8. Glad your getting Spring! Wow that sunset is amazing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! We have some incredible sunsets around here!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails