Friday, April 5, 2013

Funtry Friday Happenings

Have you been wondering what we have been up to these days?
 
Well, there was lots of snoopervising to be done when Mr. Tim came to put sides on the horse shelter. He had lots of help!
 

The local feed store had lots of baby chicks. Even though they were very cute and fuzzy, not one of them came home with me.


Great restraint on my part! Though, I wonder what these little guys will look like when they are full grown...


Take a close look - these are little Naked Necks chicks.  Yep. They don't have any feathers on their necks.

Easter day was full of a lot of fun. So what do we do when we all get together? We take lots of pictures. And we take some "traditional retakes" just for fun.


This has been a tradition in my family since my mother and father gave each other cameras for Christmas one year. They took pictures of each other while I took pictures of them. Now, just about every time we have multiple cameras out there will be a few photos reminiscent of that day.


Hope you have been having some fun in your neck of the woods!  Happy Funtry Friday!

Blessings,
Kathy

20 comments:

  1. What cute chicks! When my dad was a kid he evidently had a much-loved pet duck for many years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun, Natasha! I have had some chickens for so long that they become more like pets.

      Delete
  2. Love those camera antics! I'm sure glad the horses were able to "snoopervise" construction :D

    How could you leave without a little chick or 3? So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snoopervising was a specialty that day! LOL - Tim has horses, so he enjoyed the company and the help. haha - I reminded myself that they are so cute, but I have waaaaaayyyyy enough eggs right now!

      Delete
  3. lots of fun!
    I've photographed the photographer, too. What a fun tradition to continue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha - so nice to know that we are not the only ones with that tradition!

      Delete
  4. Kathy how to you resist those sweet little peeps, lol?
    I love chicks, and would have some if I had a real yard....good to know the horses were on the job :-D
    love the idea of photographing the photographer, would make for interesting shots!
    glad you had a lovely Easter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty, it was ohhhh, so hard! LOL We have lots of fun photos of various family members taking pictures of each other. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. You have been busy!! Love the baby chicks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - me, too! Yes, it has been busy.

      Delete
  6. The little chicks melt my heart! What a fun photo tradition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are soooo cute! And once you get them home, they get really tame.
      I like it - always makes me laugh!

      Delete
  7. Love your life out there.

    ♥♥♥
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you had a nice time... and that you had restraint when it came to those chicks! The tradition of taking each other's pictures if precious... so glad you're keeping it up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I have the grandgirls doing it now! LOL

      Delete
  9. When I see baby animals, I think of ADULT animals and it helps me put it in perspective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! And with the chickens, I also think of how many eggs I will have. lol

      Delete
  10. Looks like you've been having fun around your place. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have! Nice to be able to get around and not be freezing cold!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails