Sunday, April 28, 2013

Beautiful You - yes - you, the gal who is reading this!

Warning: soap box ahead.
"Where did my lips go?" Original ink drawing
ACEO - 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches

Beautiful. Beauty. Lovely. Gorgeous. Ugly Duckling.

Worthy. Wonderful. Important. Acceptable. Get a bag and cover it up.

Desired. Wanted. Sought. Emulated. Shunned.

Get a dose of reality. If you are reading the latest fashion magazine and comparing your reflection in the mirror to the advertisements on those pages, you need to click this link and watch this very short video. Now!

http://youtu.be/iYhCn0jf46U

After you watch the video, go look in the mirror for some real, true, honest, past skin deep and Photoshop, Beautiful.

Ladies, toss the makeover magazines in the trash. You are beautiful!

No, I am not suggesting that we throw away the shampoo, soap, make up, comb, brush, lotions, creams, pretty clothes, etc. *But*,  I am saying that if you think those things are *all* that makes you beautiful, then you are missing who you really are. You are not a Photoshop advertisement - you are a real woman and you have real beauty from the inside out.

I could go on, but I think you get my message.

*stepping down from my soap box*
Blessings,
Kathy

So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him,
"If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;
and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."
John 8:31-32

18 comments:

  1. Awesome! You mean I shouldn't look at those wrinkles forming on my arms and the age spots on my hands! :) YES, I know, I AM beautiful, God made me that way and I cannot refute HIM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally - and true beauty comes from the inside out, not the other way around. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!! Beauty DOES come from the inside out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit that I had a lot of self esteem problems until...uh, probably, honestly after I graduated from college! Yikes - that's kind of embarrassing. Even on the outside, you can never please everyone. Someone will tell you short girls are better looking, someone else will like tall girls, someone else thinks red heads are 'ugly,' another person only wants red heads. Blah, blah, blah. All these people run around trying to look like something in a magazine, but all those pictures are air brushed and faked up! Not even the person int the picture looks like that!
    Sorry. Last year I had two roommates who had totally bought into all this nonsense. The poor girls never ate and did like 4 hours of cardio a day. I felt bad for them and they clearly looked down on me for not partaking in their life style. It was pretty funny, in retrospect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty crazy to see the extent that some women will go to try to make themselves over into an unattainable image. Sadly, too many men are demanding that same unattainable image from the women they see around them. Most people, if they are honest, would say that they did or do struggle with self esteem issues. Used constructively, those struggles can point out areas in our lives where we really do need improvement. Used obsessively, they can destroy a beautiful person.

      Delete
  5. Here's the thing. If beauty does not emanate from within, then there's no real beauty at all. A pretty face without the "shine" from the inside really is not all that lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said! When you look at photographs of many of the "famous stars", check out how sad their eyes look.

      Delete
  6. "You are a real woman and you have real beauty from the inside out." So true. All women need to focus on letting their inner beauty shine through. It can do more to make a person seem beautiful than any beauty techniques ever will.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We women put so much pressure on ourselves. It really isn't until we are older where we realize that we were being stupid at least some of us realize it.

    I had a lot of self-esteem issues when I was younger so much so that I wouldn't even where my hair naturally because I couldn't handle the curls that would never get straight. Around age 15, I got over it and I've been getting better at my self-esteem. I still have my issues from time to time like my weight but that is more of fear of being unhealthy than unattractive.

    I hardly wear makeup and I go days without actually combing my hair. I still smell good though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! Thanks for sharing your journey!

      Delete
  8. The video certainly helps to reinforce your message! At my age any beauty I have left is inner beauty. The outside is age spots and gray hair and wrinkles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inner beauty always shines brighter! Lots of people don't realize exactly how the advertisements are made.

      Delete
  9. I'm giving you a round of applause. I don't read a lot of fashion magazines because they're just ridiculous. I was more into that business when I was in high school (I think a lot of people are at that age), but the older I get the less I care. Being healthy is more important than spending big bucks on the latest beauty product or getting highlights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, they are totally ridiculous and seriously geared to sell us a lot of things we don't need. Many times there are safer and healthier natural products we can use. I started "de-advertising" my daughter in preschool. We talked about why there were ads on the TV and she learned really early that a lot of them made things she didn't like sound wonderful. haha - I felt like my parents when I did that - they told us the same thing!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails