Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Art-full Wednesday!

I belong to a very fun team on Etsy - The 7 Card Draw Team.  Several of us have been chatting and sharing our artwork since about 2007.  A couple of years ago, Pam, our Fearless Leader, Started our 7 Card Draw Team and we have been having lots of fun posting our Art Cards each month and wondering who will win the chance to choose 7 of them.  My turn to win came in February! I am just now getting around to showing off the wonderful ACEOs that I have added to my collection.



Thank you to these wonderful fellow ACEO 7 Card Draw team mates for slipping these beautiful Art Cards into the Draw! I love having them in my collection!  Click their links to see more of their lovely work.

Paper Dot Dog Creations
Jen at Aloquin
Marlene at Lazyhawk
Linda at Dreams and Echos
Lee at Watercolors or Else
Betty at Pinkglitterfae Art
Pam at alwaysartistic


Are you wondering what an ACEO or an Art Card is?  ACEO stands for Art Cards Editions and Originals and they are small works of art that are 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches (6.4 cm x 8.9 cm), roughly the size of a standard playing card or sports trading card. They are an affordable way to collect wonderful works of art by your favorite artists.  

ACEOs are fun to slip into a book as a personalized bookmark, enclose in a greeting card as a special little gift, mat and frame for your favorite person, decorate your Christmas tree, prop on a shelf with other fun artsy things, collect in an album, give as a gift to teachers, friends, students, anyone – and the list of fun things to do with ACEOs keeps growing! 
I have had a lot of fun creating and collecting ACEOs. If you want to join the ACEO fun - drop in to The 7 Card Draw Team on Etsy anytime. (NOTE: The 7 Card Draw Team is no longer active, but there are several ACEO groups on Etsy that are.)

Having some Art Fun today!
Kathy

31 comments:

  1. How cool! I love ACEOs! I've begun collecting them and recently actually made one. I'm sharing how to make ATCs with some of my art students and hoping to do some trading with them.

    off to check out your links!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a lot of fun to make and collect! I'm hoping to share the Art Card fun with my art guild.

      Delete
  2. How wonderful to win such great works, each one reminding you of a special artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to collect art by people I know - double the fun!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing your wins ;) That's a lovely little collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome - and thank you! We have such a talented team!

      Delete
  4. I love the penguin and owl! What cute items!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy I love our 7 card draw, and have collected so many beautiful works of art over the years. Thank goodness we have kept it up!
    Now I need to get more creative with displaying them, somewhere I can see them regularly, rather than in a photo book.
    thanks for picking mine :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are soooo many ways to display them - LOL - another fun thing about collecting them! Thank you for your little lovelies!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you! We do have a lot of fun in our group.

      Delete
  7. How sweet they are -- congrats on winning them! I love Lazyhawk's bird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I fell in love with that, too!

      Delete
  8. What a great variety of ACEOs! Quilters do similar exchanges sometimes with quilted postcards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! What a great idea! It's so much fun to trade artwork - especially with people you know.

      Delete
  9. Congrats, Kathy! What a fun round up of pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was hard to choose from so many fun entries!

      Delete
  10. These are so fun! I have thought of doing some small works with watercolor. Or like LeeAnn says, small quilted postcards. Haven't tried it yet, but I will get to it someday! Congrats that you won these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have seen some of the little 2.5 inch x 3.5 inch ACEOs that have been sewed or quilted. Marlene has even made some felted ones. They are really neat. The little ACEOs can be made in any media.

      Delete
  11. Fun variety of ACEOs! Love the owl in bunny slippers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Isn't that fun! Betty does such cute whimsical artwork!

      Delete
  12. Wow! These are great! What a talented group and a great treat to receive such goodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, there is lots of talent in our group and I am really delighted to have these in my little collection!

      Delete
  13. Beautiful artwork, and congrats on your win! Thanks for blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love to share the talent our team has! This team has been soooo much fun! Thanks for all you do to keep us going!

      Delete
    2. We sure do have fun! Thank you... I enjoy keeping us going!

      Delete
    3. You do a wonderful job! =)

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails