Friday, April 26, 2013

A Precocious Goat and a few other Funtry Friday happenings!

Now, I ask you. Does this or does this not look like a precocious goat who is up to mischief?


Seriously! Hmmmm... on the other hand... er, udder....


Yes. That would be an udder full of milk.  Imagine my surprise, because usually an udder full of milk means a doe full of kids... I looked askance at my neighbor's little boy pigmy goat... Seriously?  But then, my neighbor assured me (as only goat people can) that he was not equipped to be a daddy.  Miss Bethie is in a pen in the middle of my property with no other little boy goats around.

Goats are pretty precocious.  And apparently, so are their udders. It is possible for a goat that has not been bred to have a Precocious Udder (that is really what it is called!) full of milk. It seem that the wonderful Spring weather can cause this to happen. My oh my.  Learn something new every day, as my grandmother used to say!

Well, she and her hay eating friends will have something yummy to eat now. The "larder" was getting a bit sparce...


So we got a refill on hay and pellets. That's not as much as I would normally order, but I am holding out for some nice Spring alfalfa. Maybe next month...

Of course, Bailey, my neighbor's dog, had to come over and pester the driver to throw a stick help the driver unload the hay.


She had a marvelous time and he was pretty amazed at how high she could jump to catch a stick. Bailey has no idea that I'm not her human, and I'm not telling her any different. haha! Although she certainly isn't going inside with mud up to her knees...

I also had a little fun watching the guy up the hill park his airplane. For some reason, I didn't realize that they actually could "drive" them in reverse on the ground...



He landed on the dirt air strip up there and then backed his plane up towards the hanger.

Well, I just never know what I am going to see next around here. Sure keeps me on my toes!  Hope you had an interesting Funtry Friday, too!

Blessings,
Kathy

18 comments:

  1. Bethie is sure cute, and so is Baily!

    I'm telling you, no matter how many times I read it, I saw "precious" not "precocious" The question is-can you actually milk Bethie now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Bethie is precious most of the time! ;-) I did milk her out one day to make sure she didn't have any other "issues". Apparently a precocious udder doesn't give you a lot of milk, so I am just letting her dry up now.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. LOL - She must totally not want to be precocious!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing your fun. I didn't know goats would do that (yeah, can you milk Bethie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. Crazy, huh! It was fun to milk her again, but since there isn't a lot of milk and since she is older, I am going to let her dry up.

      Delete
  4. my oh my!
    I wonder if Bethie is uncomfortable.
    Bailey is certainly cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bailey is quite a character!
      Her udder isn't hugely full, so I don't think she is uncomfortable. I think she is more confused because this is the first time she has ever had milk. I tried to breed her when she was younger, but nothing ever came of it.

      Delete
  5. Weird - I had no idea that could happen to goats! I would generally have to agree that the first picture does look like a goat up to no good, but that's pretty much how goats look. Weirdly, my boy dog always reminds me a whole lot of a goat. He makes the same faces of mischief, loves trying to climb on things, and smelled unfortunately like a billy goat when he was adopted. Oh, and he'll eat anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha - better go check his little eyes and see if he is a goat in disguise! LOL

      Delete
  6. Wow, it's pretty interesting around there, lots to see all the time! Thank you for sharing, it is a fun post! I had no idea that could happen to goats... And yes, definitely looks like a precocious goat who is up to mischief! lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's fun to share the local "happenings"!

      Delete
  7. Crazy hormones -- even in goats. Bethie is really cute, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what fun you have out in the country! Bethie is a cute goat! Bailey would have had me throwing that stick over and over again! Who knew a plane could go in reverse! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Bethie is sweet. =) Bailey gets everyone to throw her stick - lol - that's why I am her human, too. She comes over when I am outside feeding all the critters, because she knows that when I am finished I will toss the stick for her - all the way back to the house.

      Delete
  9. What fun... I love goats lol
    Cute little dog too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Goats are fun! Bailey is cute and she has a very fun personality.

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails