Sunday, March 17, 2013

Okay, I can see the Eiffel Tower, but the airplane? Really?


I read a fun birthday blog post on Milo and Molly’s blog. Instead of a bucket list, she listed some things that she would not do. Since I don’t usually put things I want to do in a bucket for later, I thought it was a great idea. While I am off doing some fun things today, you can check out some stuff that I won’t be doing!
 
(PS And enjoy some really random photos from the last few months!)
 
Late fall rain.

Ride the elevator to the top of the Eiffel Tower. I know this because I stood at the bottom of the Eiffel Tower and watched the elevator go all the way to the top. Yep… and nope!
 
Courthouse in Prescott with all the Christmas lights.
 
Own a pet pig. Pigs are very smart. They can also weigh about 700 pounds (315 kg). The combo can make for some very interesting times. After watching my neighbor’s escape artist sow… Ummm, nope!

I know that tattoos are popular. I almost got one. Twice. Once in my twentys and once about 15 years ago. Guess what? Since it showed up on this list, you probably figured out that I won’t get a tattoo, but you may not guess why. I see people with tattoos everywhere I go, and I like to be different.
 


Our family gathering tradition is to work a jigsaw puzzle.
No, we did NOT finish this one. LOL - sometimes we do know when to quit.
 
Piercings get a "no vote", too. I have only had one piercing… if you count when I slipped in the mud and fell into the fence. A piece of wire went through the skin on the side of my hand. Well, and there was the two inch splinter that skewered my thumb. Let’s just say, I don’t seek out deliberate piercings.  
 
Oh, little birdie, I am sooooo ready for Spring, too!
 
Willingly jump out of an airplane? Seriously.  This has never been on any to do list I have ever made!

Ride a bull. Enough said.

Stop talking to God. Not!  Hey, He always listens.
 
Beautiful little Jubilee!
 
So, how about you? Bucket List? Or To Don’t List?

Blessings,
Kathy

"For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:38-39


19 comments:

  1. I share some of your "to don't list" -- like jumping out of an airplane (or jumping out of anything for that matter!) Nope, nope and nope. And somehow I doubt that I'll ever have a pig!
    Jubilee is adorable! I just love her name :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a gal who did parachute jump out of a plane. She landed well, too. I saw the picture - that's as close as I am getting! LOL Thanks! Little Jubilee is sooooo sweet!

      Delete
  2. I loved Kristen's things to not do bucket list. I may have to try it sometime myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really fun, Rose! I'm a list maker - and this was like a lot of "free" things to cross off the list! LOL

      Delete
  3. Wow - interesting list! Jumping out of an airplane was fun. My Dad, of course, said that anyone who would jump out of a perfectly good airplane was crazy, so... The only thing I can think of that I would put on my to don't list is the tattoo thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, I might have known that you had done that, Karin! LOL I agree with your Dad!

      Delete
  4. P.S. I LOVE that jigsaw puzzle! And of course, Jubilee is a little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha - There are members of this family who would gladly send you this jigsaw puzzle! Thanks! She is a darlin'!

      Delete
  5. Jubilee is such a cutie. Sleeping babies are so peaceful :)
    And I love the butterfly puzzle!

    I always thought sky diving would be amazing, but anymore, I'm kind of a scaredy cat...someone would have to push me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww - thank you! She is a LOT of fun!
      *ack* I'm not getting in a plane with anyone who just might push me out! roflol!

      Delete
    2. PS - you can arm wrestle Remembrances for the puzzle! ;-)

      Delete
  6. I love it! A to-don't list sounds awesome! If I make one, getting a tattoo will be my number one to-DON'T.

    When I was in NZ a few years ago, everyone wanted to go sky diving. I didn't go. Last summer, my man went with a bunch of his coworkers. They waited for hours and hours and he wasn't very thrilled with the experience. I do want to try hang gliding, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brave woman! I heard of too many hang gliders going splat on the mountains down in Phoenix to really want to do that.
      Now, parasailing... that might be a possibility... lol - it might not fun to hit the water, but water is softer than rocks!

      Delete
  7. Jubilee is precious! I'm such a chicken that there's lots on my to-don't list! I kinda want a pawprint tattoo though but then wonder what it'll look like when I'm 80 and that just isn't appealing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharla!
      LOL - maybe I have also seen too many old tattoos... I really wonder what some of the piercings will look like in those later years, too! Ummm... no thanks! LOL

      Delete
  8. Still chuckling at your post. But I do have a Bucket List.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha - Glad it jostled your funny bone! ;-)
      Have fun crossing things off your bucket list!

      Delete
  9. Great list. I don't have a tattoo, but I won't rule it out 100% but probably not. If I did it would be so small. I can't stand the look of big ones.

    I do have ears pierced but wouldn't go further than that.

    I don't have a bucket list yet but think it would be fun to create one... With realistic goals lol

    Jubilee is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Pam!
    I like to have one thing in mind that I'd like to do, and then I either manage to do it, or realize it's not as feasible as I thought. LOL - then I pick something else and move on. So maybe I sort of have a bucket-ish list! haha But some things will not appear on that "ish" list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails