Sunday, March 24, 2013

Am I in Kansas yet?

Sometimes, we have a nice little breeze - just enough to cool off the day. But then there are other days...
 
***Whooosh*** 
 
Get much wind in your neck of the woods?
 
On windy days like today, I think that "the windy city" is windy because Paulden sends Chicago our surplus supply of wind.




 Did you ever try to draw or paint the wind?


What color is the wind?

I color mine invisible unless it is full of dust. And dust doesn't count, because dust is not the same as wind. I can taste dust, but I can't taste the wind. However, I can certainly feel the effects of the wind. Especially at 40 mph... with dust hitching a ride...


 
I don't need rocks in my pockets, but my grandgirls might want a few to weigh them down and keep their feet on the ground!
 
Sometimes paintings look like the wind is blowing like crazy, but it's an illusion.
 
 
Nope, that was not a windy day - just an expressive horse.  Faked you out!
 
 
Windy day? Calm and cloudy? Huh. I don't remember... and I can't tell from this picture. Faked me out.
 
Sometimes the wind blows so hard here that all the grass lays flat and doesn't look like it's moving, and still I can't see the wind. And sometimes, like now, I am looking outside and I don't see anything moving, but the wind is still blowing like crazy. I know it is because if I lean back a bit, I can see the tall grass bowing and dancing. Yes, the wind is definitely moving out there.
 
Like God. The evidence is everywhere - in the world, in my life...  but sometimes I don't see it unless I stop digging in my heels and refusing to move. When I yield my spirit to His Spirit, I am swept along - sometimes at a dizzy pace - until I am where He wants me to be. 
 
I am sure that God whispers quietly, too - that "still small voice" - just like a gentle breeze. Maybe I do have rocks in my pockets. If I dump them out and stop my propensity to dig in my heels, I just might make a lot more progress at a much more peaceful pace!
 
Checking my pockets for rocks,
Kathy
 
 
"Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it,
but do not know where it comes from and where it is going;
so is everyone who is born of the Spirit."
John 3:7-8

14 comments:

  1. What great pieces...love the horses :)
    We're having a windy one here today...I can hear it on the house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We had a little less wind today - or else I just didn't pay attention. LOL

      Delete
  2. Beautiful post and art. We have some seriously windy days here too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This time of year is always windy for us.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful post.
    The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind. The answer is blowin' in the wind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! haha - I seem to have some windy song stuck in my mind now...

      Delete
  4. Lovely post! You have captured the wind beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The wind creates so many interesting effects out here.

      Delete
  5. I love the way you have illustrated the wind--subtle touches, but there just the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's always a challenge to give the impression of wind, but fun!

      Delete
  6. Hi Kathleen,

    It has been a while since we last spoke in the blog world. I like your paintings. I especially like that rustic frame of the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Mechelle! Yes, I was without a computer for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails