Sunday, February 24, 2013

No splat on the ceiling.


"Hershey in Winter"
First, thank you for all the prayers, encouragement, and well wishes for Hershey and I. They have been keenly felt these last three weeks.

Second, he is doing much better. The vet is coming to see him tomorrow, and, after this visit, hopefully I will have some more information.

In my last blog post, Another Monday, I shared a little bit about what has been going on with us.

If you know my blog, you know my horse, Hershey. This week he has had some major physical problems that are life threatening. Morning he may seem better, noon he seems not so good, better later, down, up, down, up – and the final results are not in yet. He and I are still on the roller coaster.

Do I know what will happen to Hershey this week? No. My “job” isn’t to know. My “job” is to trust the One Who does know and let Him fill me with His peace.

So, the question is:  Will I still trust God regardless of the outcome?

The answer is: Yes.

I do not trust a plastic Christ-o-claus who nods his bobble head and blandly stamps “yes” on every prayer request I make. I trust the Creator of the Universe Who knows me better than I know myself. I trust the one who made me, loves me, and Who gives the very best to me – even when I scream “ouch” at the top of my lungs and tell Him that is NOT what I want.

So, does that make me feel like my prayers go splat on the ceiling and are useless? No. I ask. God listens. I listen. I listen, but I never hear “splat”.  You see, I know He loves me enough to sometimes tell me no. And I love Him enough to tell Him “thank you” after I stop yelling “ouch”.

Praying,
Kathy

And you shall seek me, and find me, when you shall search for me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13

23 comments:

  1. OK hoping your report on Hershey tomorrow is a good one, and you can get back to a semblance of "normal" what ever that is....

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad Hershey is better!
    God's intention is always for us to learn, which isn't always comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So totally true, Splendid! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. So glad Hershey is doing better. Hope you get the all clear today from the vet and get a little more info.
    Things always happen for a reason...it may just not be the reason we were looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I understand your "splat on the ceiling..." God hears every one of our prayers, all of them get through, no splats on the ceiling! I hope your news tomorrow is good news and the news you pray to hear.
    That's a beautiful painting of sweet Hershey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great message as always, Kathy! I'm so glad that Hershey is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well said. Wishing you good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a strong Faith statement. I hope that Hershey recovers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMEN and amen! I am teaching a ladies Bible study series on this very thing! I will continue to hold you and Hershey in my prayers. I love the look on Hershey's face in your painting - if he could do an eyeroll, I bet he would!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful, Karin! Thanks for the prayers! Totally - it's his "what? another photo? Love you, but I want my dinner now!" look... tehe!

      Delete
  9. Love the message and we're glad that Hershey is doing better! We continue to send prayers for him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharla! Appreciate the prayers =)

      Delete
  10. So thankful to hear Hershey is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathy, you are so inspiring! Your clean and clear communication of your relationship with our heavenly
    Father is refreshing to read, in this age of shutting God out of lives. God is sooooo good, to use a much used phrase that never gets old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Abby/Linda! I appreciate your kind comments =) I'm just one hungry, tired beggar pointing the way to the best Bread in town!

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails