Monday, February 11, 2013

Another Monday


Is Monday your favorite day of the week? Anyone? It seems like a lot of people don’t like Mondays. The weekend is over and stuff claims our time as we run from one activity to another. This Monday isn’t my favorite Monday.

Winter cold isn’t my favorite either. Even if the snow is pretty it requires freezing temperatures to keep it pretty. Freezing is not my favorite temperature. I won’t take a vote on winter though, because I know lots of people like the colder weather.

I might take a vote on mud, however. Unless we are playing at making mud pies, I’ll wager that I have some company on my opinion of walking in ankle deep squishy mud. Pass the clod-hoppers please.

But… if you think about it. What would a week be like without Monday? What would a year be like without winter? Would we give up the rain to be rid of the mud?

Life is full of cycles and seasons. Sometimes it is full of roller coasters. I’m not so much a fan of roller coasters either… I prefer something a little more predictable and something a lot slower.
 
Hershey loves when the girls visit him.

That’s why this Monday isn’t my favorite.  This week has been a roller coaster and I am still riding it. If you know my blog, you know my horse, Hershey. This week he has had some major physical problems that are life threatening. Morning he may seem better, noon he seems not so good, better later, down, up, down, up – and the final results are not in yet. He and I are still on the roller coaster.

But God does not let you ride life’s roller coaster alone.

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

 Philippians 4:6-7

Did you notice that God doesn’t promise to stop the roller coaster? He doesn’t say that I will get my way.  He says “Come to Me. Tell me what you want and I will give you peace.” Not just peace, but “the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension” and that peace “shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

Do I know what will happen to Hershey this week? No. My “job” isn’t to know. My “job” is to talk to the One Who does know, trust Him, and let Him fill me with His peace.

And, after all, winter is always the doorway to spring…

Resting in the Lord,
Kathy

21 comments:

  1. Hershey OSA beautiful horse... Hoping and praying he'll pull through. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Ugh spell check lol, OSA should be is a!
      Your welcome!

      Delete
  3. Poor Hershey!!

    I'm not a fan of winter or mud, but they make me appreciate Spring all the more.

    As for Mondays, during tax season every day feels like a Monday with no weekends ever. But this, too, shall pass. And I am grateful for the work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, pasqueflower! I had a friend who was very fond of saying "It has come to pass, not to stay"! Hope you get a few Fridays during tax season! ;-)

      Delete
  4. I have to say Monday is one of my more favorite days because it's my Saturday. That having been said, today has been totally blah. I knew it would be a bad day when I woke up to rain, darkness, and my dog Luna poking me with her paw for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the rain cleared, the sun shined, and Luna and you had a lovely breakfast in spite of it all!

      Delete
  5. I hope you get some answers soon and, please, give Hershey a big warm hug for me. There's one on the way for you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane! I hope to have a few more answers with the vet visit tomorrow.

      Delete
  6. I think it's important to embrace every part of the week and the year and enjoy their advantages. Winter is not my favorite season, but I still try to appreciate it and end up much happier as a result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Rose - it does smooth out the bumps along the way to stop and appreciate the special things that only happen during winter - or on Mondays!

      Delete
  7. Sending thoughts to you and Hershey. Life's roller coasters are never fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are in my prayers during this roller coaster ride, my friend! "My bretheren count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations." James 1:2

    ReplyDelete
  9. Winter and Mondays... Not my favorites either! Sweet picture, sending prayers for Hershey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending you all good thoughts and warm wishes:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. "winter is always the doorway to spring"
    so true in so many ways.
    hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. =) Thank you, Splendid Little Stars!!!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails