Sunday, December 2, 2012

The real stuff.

December 2nd???

Make a list. Check it twice. And then check it again. Did I forget anyone? Did I forget anything?

Check the calendar. I have to be where? when? How many days to get that done?????

Answer the emails. Answer the emails again. Answer the... oh, forget it! Call...

Order this. Order that. Order that? or order this???

Town day. Another town day. A town day again. Another town day?!?!?!?

Alright, already, STOP!



Revise list: Put "Remember the real meaning of Christmas" at the top of it.

***ahhhhhh***
Priorities. I love how simple that makes the complex things of life.

December 2nd. Time to relax and enjoy the preparations to celebrate my Savior's birth!

Care to join me?
Blessings,
Kathy

And Mary said,
"My soul magnifies the Lord,
and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior..."
Luke 1:46

8 comments:

  1. It is so important to take time to remember the true meaning of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this post, Kathy. That is exactly what I needed to read today. Love that passage you cited from Luke - the Magnificat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've changed how we spend Christmas the last few years and don't buy presents anymore. Christmas to us is all about Family :) As long as we're together, that's all we need. It really does make things less stressful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMEN! Well said . . . and with humor! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, so true! It's really hard to remember this sometimes until you let yourself relax, say, around December 26th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen, Rose! Without Him, Christmas is all tinsel and no Tree.

    Thank you, pasqueflower! It is a favorite of mine, too - and a good reminder to me of Who really is taking care of me.

    I agree, Edi! Sharing time together is the best part. We start at Thanksgiving, continue through Christmas, and end up on New Year's Day - lots of fun.

    Thanks, Linda! God is a God of Joy - and I think he likes us to laugh, too. ;-)

    LOL - Nancy - haha! I will HAVE to slow down before then or I will be totally lost in some unknown somwhere!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails