Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Heart-made treasures!

Okay. I confess. I am not quite a Pinterest addict, but I do like searching around there a bit because there are some very creative tutorials to be found. Yep, I confess. I LOVE to give and receive handmade gifts. I really think they should be called heart-made gifts, though, because so much thought and effort go into them that they become a gift from heart to heart.

On a recent tour of Pinterest, I found these great ideas:

A tutorial on a variety of ways to make your own stamps - and some fun ways to use them.
What a fun way to decorate special Christmas cards!
 
 
How to create some very pretty paper towel art.
This craft has soooo many possibilities.



A how-to with great photos for some very cute kid's art smocks.
I can see some little artists using these!
 

 
Creative backgrounds for journal pages - wow!
These background would be great for cards, too - or just about anything!

 
Turn old t-shirts into a very fun scarf.
Hmmm.... I think I have some extra t-shirts around here.

 
Have fun with a "progressive watercolor" painting.
Christmas cards, birthday cards, little paintings - so many possibilities!


Easy instructions to create a fun collage.
Another pretty heart-made treasure!
 


Handmade Christmas is my favorite so I was delighted to find these pretty crafts posted on Pinterest. Have you found something fun there that you want to make?

Happy Creating!
Kathy

18 comments:

  1. Some really fun tutorials here...I am a pinterest addict lol, so many cool ideas on there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love the creative background for the journal pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I HAVE found inspiration on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds! Love that collage, I just love 3-D art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many ideas! I need to find some time....where did I put those extra minutes?
    Great stuff, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas! I love the bird collage, and the scarves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cruise thru Pinterest as well when I am not in the mood to think or use my brain at all. I love the paper towel collage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heart made...love it! I also enjoy giving and receiving handmade gifts. The kid apron is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Pinterest. So much inspiration. What great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am always amazed at what can be found on Pinterest! I love that last one you found and will be checking it out along with several others!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree. A great place to find tutorials. And these look like a lot of things I would like to try! I have a board I've labeled "Tutorials" on Pinterest! Copy and paste if you're interested:
    http://pinterest.com/storybeader/tutorials/

    {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Pam - there are lots of neat ideas there for sure!

    The Artist in Me - Thanks! I thought it looked like fun and it seems that it could be used for all sorts of backgrounds!

    Splendid Little Stars - Thanks! This was my first big search for something on pinterest =)

    Thanks, Linda!

    Thanks, Edi! It looks so simple, too! 3D art has such a cool look.

    Thanks, Lee! LOL - Hey - look for my minutes, too - maybe they are hanging out with your minutes!

    Thanks, Sarah - glad you enjoyed them!

    Thanks, Kim! haha - good place to "veg".

    Thanks, Rose! I liked the way she used velcro on the sides to close the apron. Pretty clever!

    Thanks, pasqueflower - I agree!

    Thanks, Sharla - tehe - I know some kitties who would like that one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, storybeader! Very fun - following your board, now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely picks! I really want to try that T-shirt scarf. Only, I don't have enough old T-shirts...thrift store run??

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Nancy! The original author of the tutorial went to a thrift store and looked for t-shirts with cool designs on them. Sounds like a good idea to me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are all such awesome ideas, I just want to cloister myself in the studio and paint, paint, paint!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails