Sunday, October 21, 2012

It's Sunday....

Wow, it's Sunday evening and I should be thinking about blogging, but I am thinking about eating a pear and painting a pair of pears before they need to be eaten which is going to be pretty soon by the look of them, but first I need to go let Hershey get back under the horse shelter with Billie Jane in case it rains, oh - look - there goes Puff... or was it Camper? two black cats live next door and I can't tell mother and son apart...

Now what was I thinking?

Oh, wow - it's Sunday evening and I need to blog before the sun goes completely down or else I am going to have to go outside now and blog after I move the horses around...

Wow.  Sunday evening... It's quiet and peaceful - even though my mind is racing from trivial thought to trivial thought.  How can it be so quiet and peaceful outside and so noisy inside my head?  Why doesn't the peaceful fall landscape permeate my scattered thoughts and quiet the *brain noise* that makes my mind race from thought to thought? 

Maybe, just maybe...

Maybe I allow myself to be *busy* when I need to stop and be quiet.  To stop and *be*.  To be in the moment.  To still my thoughts, thank the Lord for the lovely sunset, the feel of soft winter coats mixing with summer hair on horses, and the blessing of having a busy and active mind that appreciates His creation.

Yes.  Come on busy crowded mind.  Let's go take a little walk outside and visit with the Lord this Sunday evening.  Time to thank Him for a few gazillion blessings.

God bless,
Kathy

Praise the Lord, O my soul!
With all that is within me, praise His holy name!
Psalm 103:1 NET
 


14 comments:

  1. I love those moments when you're all caught up in your thoughts and racing around and look up to see something beautiful like the fall colors or a sunset to stop you in your tracks :) I need that once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! That's how we let our weekend run- we just 'were' for a while. Relaxed a bit and enjoyed each other's company before it was off to work again today:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful reminder Kathy that we have so much and it is all because of him. Be still and know....that is what we all need to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome message as always! I do not take the time to do this nearly enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful painting. Hope you can calm your mind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This made me chuckle since my mind works just like that! Thanks for the reminder to relax and enjoy and also that I'm hungry for a pear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I suffer from that brain noise, too. Maybe I need to spend more time outside, enjoying Fall, before winter sets in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like my brain when I am trying to fall asleep.

    ♥♥♥
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's hard to make my head from racing too sometimes. When it does that, and I want to slow it down, I'll make to-do lists or write. I love your watercolor - so pretty! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking at a beautiful sunset slows me down, and reminds me to count my blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Jane!

    Edi, I think we all need those special moments sometimes to help us to pause our headlong rush through life. Otherwise we would miss soooo much!

    Thank you, Nancy! Sounds like a wonderful weekend.

    Amen, Kim! Thank you! That's one of my favorite Scriptures, too.

    Thank you, Rose! The "show stopper sunsets" out here really get my attention and cause me to stop and have a few quiet minutes. *LOL* They are hard to ignore!

    Thanks, Pam! A little bit of quiet time outside is all it takes.

    *ROFLOL* Thanks, Sharla - and you made me chuckle, too!

    pasqueflower - It it really refreshing to me!

    LOL - Sue, I say Bible verses to myself until I fall asleep. Seems like my brain always wants to be full of something - LOL - better to be full of those lovely verses at bedtime!

    storybeader - Thank you! That usually is a good time to make a to-do list - LOL - if I can write fast enough!

    Great advice, Sarah! I like to do that, too - you're right, it does remind us to count our blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes, the best use of time is just to be. to savor, to appreciate life and all the blessings showered.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Splendid Litttle Stars - that is so true!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails