Friday, October 19, 2012

Bearizona - Funtry Friday!

Want more Bearizona fun?  Well, Funtry Friday is the perfect time and place!  What better way to celebrate fun in the country than to drive through Bearizona's Wildlife Park.


Bison are the largest mammals in North America up to 2000 lbs (889 kg).  Yes.  These are way past large!


Some days don't you just want to go sit in a sun puddle and zone out... This Black Bear looks so comfy!  These guys can weigh up to 500 lbs (222 kg).  I'll just find myself another sun puddle... he can have that one!


Peek-a-boo!  Who's here?  Look right in the middle...


...and you will see a porcupine napping in the tree!  I did not realize that these little guys lived in trees, but apparently they do around here.


Isn't this Horned Owl magnificent?  How big is he?  Welllll...


Here he is, flying straight at us.  When he went over our heads, his left wing touched my sister's head, his body touched Lorie's head, and his right wing touched my head.  Pretty incredibly awesome!  I figure his wing span was a little over 6 feet (1.8 meters).

Well, I hope that filled up your country fun tank for another week!  Happy Funtry Friday!

Blessings,
Kathy

15 comments:

  1. Wow... More beautiful photos!
    That must have been A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic photos. Now I know why I got up at this hour! Thanks for sharing, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...that owl shot is amazing! And how cool to get so close to him!
    The bear cracks me up...he looks so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, glad you let the bear have the sunny spot all to himself :) Great owl close up and thanks for the porcupine details. I'm surprised they climb trees - didn't think they were that dextrous. I am sure glad you went and got all these great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome shots Kathy, thanks for sharing them with us. I love nature and all it has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes!! Not sure I'd want to be quite that close to a bear. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Pam! It was!

    Thanks, Shannon!

    Thanks, Jane! LOL - glad you enjoyed them regardless of the hour!

    Thanks, Edi - it was amazing! haha - that bear made me smile, too!

    Thanks, Lee! Yes, Mr. Bear was quite a ways away. I had no idea that the porcupines climbed trees either and he was waaaaayyyy up there!

    Thanks, Marlene!

    Thanks, Kim - me too!

    pasquflower - Well, that bear was pretty far away from the road. He was huge, too, so I wouldn't have wanted to be very close!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bear is funny! The owl is incredible! They are such beautiful creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy you are so lucky! how fun! I didn't know porcupines lived in trees either. Love the photo of the owl swooping down over your head. How did you keep cool and take a pic?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh! That owl is amazing! Nice to see the animals out in their own space and not in a zoo. I don't like zoos.... We have bison in the (Wichita Mountains) wildlife refuge, just to the north of us. They are majestic! Great photos. {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Sharla! Glad you enjoyed them!

    Betty - it was fun to visit this park! Apparently not all porcupines live in trees, but we have some in this area that do. LOL - I kept repeating *take a picture*take a picture*take a picture*! It was an awesome experience!

    storybeader - I agree - that owl was amazing! It was neat to see him up close after the Raptor Show was over, too. This was the first time I had seen that many bison in one place. They are really big!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing more of your beautiful animal captures with us! You got some great shots. I enjoyed learning about the animals, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Rose! It was a very fun place and I think my sister's (big!) camera was the only one with a functioning battery and still able to take pictures when we left. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails